As of 12/21, the former Encyclopedia Gamia has been redirected to this wiki, which is now the definitive wiki for this topic. To see more about this change, read more here.
1977 in video gaming
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|
|1977 in video gaming|
Events[edit | edit source]
Notable Releases[edit | edit source]
Arcade Games[edit | edit source]
- April: SEGA releases Bomber, an early side-scrolling video game and a shooter game.
- October: Cinematronics releases Space Wars, the first vector graphics arcade game.
Arcade Hardware[edit | edit source]
- In June, the SEGA VIC Dual, one of the first unified arcade system boards, debuts with Safari, using a Zilog Z80 (8/16-bit) microprocessor.
- The Taito Z80 arcade system board debuts with Super Speed Race, using a Zilog Z80 microprocessor and RGB color model with 16 colors.
Video Game Console[edit | edit source]
- Atari develops the Game Brain (model C-700), a dedicated console and the first Atari system to utilize cartridges. Only a handful of Game Brain prototypes are produced, and none are released commercially.
References[edit | edit source]
- Bomber at Museum of the Game
- Safari at the Gaming-History database
- Goldberg, Martin (2003). Museum of Home Video Gaming. Archived from the original on 11 February 2006 Retrieved on 18 February 2006