1977 in video gaming
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|
|1977 in video gaming|
Events[edit | edit source]
Notable Releases[edit | edit source]
Arcade Games[edit | edit source]
- April: SEGA releases Bomber, an early side-scrolling video game and a shooter game.
- October: Cinematronics releases Space Wars, the first vector graphics arcade game.
Arcade Hardware[edit | edit source]
- In June, the SEGA VIC Dual, one of the first unified arcade system boards, debuts with Safari, using a Zilog Z80 (8/16-bit) microprocessor.
- The Taito Z80 arcade system board debuts with Super Speed Race, using a Zilog Z80 microprocessor and RGB color model with 16 colors.
Video Game Console[edit | edit source]
- Atari develops the Game Brain (model C-700), a dedicated console and the first Atari system to utilize cartridges. Only a handful of Game Brain prototypes are produced, and none are released commercially.
References[edit | edit source]
- Bomber at Museum of the Game
- Safari at the Gaming-History database
- Goldberg, Martin (2003). Museum of Home Video Gaming. Archived from the original on 11 February 2006 Retrieved on 18 February 2006