|North American Release Date(s)|
February 5, 2001
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Levels are set in real world locations, scattered throughout North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. The actual design, however, is fictitious.
The single-player campaign comprises a series of championships in different vehicle classes, where the player unlocks new vehicles and locations, based on their score.
Vehicles range from heavy trucks to light buggies and are either fictional or inspired by actual production vehicles. Though the names do not correspond with any actual vehicle, the fact is evident both visually in-game and in the names of the game's files.
Game Modes[edit | edit source]
- Jamboree - Find the active gate and be the first through it. As the gate is claimed it becomes inactive and another gate lights up. Follow the arrow to the next active gate. The winner is the first driver to claim the required number of gates.
- Return the Flag - Find the flag and keep it long enough to get back to the return area. Receive points each time you get it back to the return area. The first player to reach the target number of points wins.
- Gate Hunt - There are only so many gates available in your area and they are all active. They become inactive as they are claimed, so get through as many as you can, as quickly as possible. You would better be sure to claim more of them than your opponents, or you will loose.
- Pathfinder - All the gates are active and you need to claim them all. Get through every checkpoint in any order first and you will win. Look out for shortcuts that other players may not have spotted yet.
- Capture the Flag - Get hold of the flag then drive. You get points for holding onto the flag and bonus points for getting through the active gate with it.
- Destruction Zone - The longer you are in the zone, the more points you will get. You also rack up points by smashing into your opponents. The first to reach the target number of points is King of the Hill.
- Off-Road Race - A hectic race through the gates. The first to reach the required number of laps wins. Be sure you don't miss a gate, you can't score a lap until you have been through them all in the correct order.
- Free Roam - Go where you want to go, do what you want to do.
Vehicles[edit | edit source]
- Baja Bug
- 4x4 Freighter
- 6x6 Goliath
- 8x8 Behemoth
- Rally 2.0i
Locations[edit | edit source]