Act of War: High Treason
|Act of War: High Treason|
|1.00b (April 13, 2006)|
|Alexis Le Dressay|
|European Release Date(s)|
March 24, 2006
|North American Release Date(s)|
May 30, 2006
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Plot[edit | edit source]
Act of War: High Treason takes place over the course of three days, three years after the events in Act of War: Direct Action. On the eve of the U.S. Presidential election, the two candidates for President of the United States, Senator Watts and Vice President Cardiff are attacked, and the sitting POTUS, President Baldwin is assassinated with an explosive device while his motorcade is leaving the White House. VPOTUS Cardiff survives and becomes the new POTUS, while Senator Watts is assassinated in Manhattan.
Several important government officials and General Kelly are arrested on conspiracy charges pertaining to the assassinations. Task Force Talon travels to Fort McCoy, Wisconsin, in order to meet Colonel Whitemore, leader of the "Red Cell" military group based there. However, once there, they are attacked by U.S. Army forces, and marked as guilty of high treason. Sergeant Major Ray Jefferson and Sergeant Oz Jackson successfully escape the trap, and track Whitemore's C-17 transport carrying a shipment of USAMRIID biological barrels to Cancún, Mexico. There it is discovered that Red Cell is working with the Consortium and that the bio-weapon is X-357, a virus which is deadly against animals, but harmless against humans. TFT hijacks a Consortium Visby class Corvette and escapes Cancún, pursuing a trio of Consortium Typhoon class submarines which are carrying the biological samples.
TFT meets up with Admiral Burns and the USS Tarawa who help them land in Cuba. Landing in Cuba, they discover that the country has been completely taken over by the Consortium and that President Cardiff is working with the Consortium and was behind Baldwin's assassination. TFT seizes a hacienda in Cuba in search of a Cuban biological weapons expert, Dr. Morello. While they fail to find Morello, they discover Senator Watts still alive and evacuate him to a friendly U.S. Naval base in the Bahamas, where he gives a speech on live television all around the country testifying against Cardiff and the Consortium.
Watts finishes his speech and then is sent to America so that he may testify in the United States Congress against Cardiff. Red Cell is tracked to Cape Canaveral where they try to hijack Space Shuttle Liberty in order to work on X-357 in space where it can be modified to kill humans. TFT attempts to stop the shuttle launch but the Red Cell succeeds in hijacking the shuttle and performs a manual launch. The 52nd Airborne, the 104th Airborne and the 81st Airborne divisions guarding the launch site then proceed to attack the TFT, whom are still marked as terrorists. Congress impeaches President Cardiff, and Kelly is reinstated. The 52nd and 81st cease firing on TFT units, but the 104th, under the command of Colonel Whitemore (and thus Consortium-controlled), continue to fight only to be destroyed.
Space Shuttle Liberty is tracked to its landing zone in the Taklamakan Desert in Central Asia. Acting President Delaney goes to the UN Security Council in order to form a multinational coalition to destroy the Consortium, and the U.S. Army attacks the landing site. The virus on board the shuttle is destroyed with an experimental bomb, and the rest of the Consortium forces are finally defeated.
During the epilogue, it is revealed that former President Cardiff has been shot dead, while Senator Watts's presidential campaign is virtually unopposed. Major Richter and the other personnel of Task Force Talon, believed to be MIA, are actually on vacation in the Bahamas.
Factions[edit | edit source]
US Army[edit | edit source]
In Act of War, the US Army is a general term for the conventional fighting forces of the US, covering the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines. Armed with solid conventional weaponry, the US Army boasts unparalleled strength. However, they are not as flexible as Task Force Talon or the Consortium.
Task Force Talon[edit | edit source]
Task Force Talon is a secretive elite branch of the US military, a direct action force. Utilizing futuristic weapons and technology, they can be deployed anywhere in the world on a moment's notice.
Consortium[edit | edit source]
A very large terrorist organization with ever more immense funding, the Consortium pursues its own agenda through a combination of terrorist attacks and conventional military action. Their force is a blend of powerful Soviet bloc equipment and extremely advanced technology on par with Task Force Talon, including secret projects from both Russia and the US.
Mercenaries[edit | edit source]
Mercenaries are hired at the Mercenary Outpost, a specific player-built building. Mercenaries require an initial insurance fee, and charge a smaller rolling fee at five-second intervals. The insurance fee is completely or partially refunded when the mercenary team is released, depending on how many mercs are still alive. Only one copy of any particular mercenary team can be hired by any one player in a multiplayer game.
Mini Games[edit | edit source]
- Marine One Down: The Marine One Down mode is where President has to be captured. Any player who gets a unit within a certain distance gains control of the President. The objective is to move the POTUS unit to a pre-defined evacuation base at the edge of the map, with each player needing to bring the President to a different location. There is no base building in this mode; instead, players capture bunkers scattered around the map to gain reinforcements.
- Scud launcher: The Scud launcher mode is basically the same as a regular death match game, but with a twist. All players are unable to build Tactical Weapons and Anti-Tactical weapons, but in the middle of the map is a neutral Scud launcher with a circle around it. Anyone who gets within the circle gains control of the Scud, this allows that player to fire the Scud every two minutes. Should the launcher be destroyed, it will explode violently, causing tremendous damage to everything within a very wide radius, which prevents players from keeping the launcher safe in their base. This allows for more dynamism over the course of the battle.
Patches[edit | edit source]
The Patch 1 includes:
- Map Editor & Modding Tool.
- Improved path finding for naval units.
- Invisible helicopter bug in network games is fixed.
- Naval Replays fixed.
- Miscellaneous performance improvements, particularly on lower-end systems.
Modding[edit | edit source]
Tools[edit | edit source]
- Map Editor:- With this tool you can create your own map. It can even convert Act of War: Direct Action maps for use in Act of War: High Treason. Map Tutorial From Eugen System
- Modding Tool:- With this tool you can add your own units, buildings and modify anything you wish by using 3dmax 7+.
Note :- The modding tool and map editor is included in the Patch.