Age of Empires III/Codes
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Cheat Codes[edit | edit source]
To enter the codes, press Enter, and, without quotes, put in the code and hit Enter.
- "X marks the spot" - Reveals map. Note: Fog of war remains.
- "Medium Rare Please" - Gives 10,000 food.
- "Give me liberty or give me coin" - Gives 10,000 coin.
- "Nova & Orion" - Gives 10,000 XP.
- "A recent study indicated that 100% of herdables are obese" - Fattens all animals on the map.
- "Speed always wins" - Gather and build rates increase times 100.
- "Sooo Good" - Turn on "Musketeer’ed!" when you get killed by Musketeers.
- "Ya gotta make do with what ya got" - Spawns the Mediocre Bombard at your Home City gather point.
- "<censored>" - Gives 10,000 wood
- "this is too hard" - Wins in single-player.
- "tuck tuck tuck" - Spawns a big red monster truck that can run over anything.
Glitches[edit | edit source]
- Unlimited Resources - Use a text editor to edit the "proto.xml" file in the "data" directory in the game folder. Note: You may first need to uncheck the "Read Only" attribute of that file's properties in Windows Explorer. Search for the text "CrateOf". You will find CrateofFood, CrateofCoin, CrateofWood, CrateofFoodLarge, CrafteofCoinLarge, and CrateofWoodLarge. For all these entries, find the tag "InitialResourceCount" and change the count to whatever desired. For example, the normal crates each have "100.000" of the resources. You can change the "100" to "99999.000", etc.
- "Easy Leveling in Single Player" - Open the sp_yourcityname_homecity.xml file in the My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Savegame (make sure you create a backup file first) folder, search for <level>. You will see something like this: <level>xx</level>, put in 99 for the xx, save the file, go into the game and play a skirmish. You'll notice that you are now level 99!
- Unlimited Unlock Points in Single Player - Open the sp_yourcityname_homecity.xml file located in \My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Savegame (don't forget to make a backup of this file) find this line <skillpoints>. The line should look like this <skillpoints>xx</skillpoints>, where x is the number of skillpoints you currently have. Change the xx to a high number such as 999, save the file and start Age of Empires 3. Go into a skirmish game, go to manage your city and you will now have 999 unlock points to unlock various things for your city.
- Increase your Card/Deck Unlock Points in Single Player - Go to My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Savegame open the sp_yourcityname_homecity.xml (make sure you back up this file) and find the line <numpropunlocksearned>. The line should look something like this <numpropunlocksearned>xx</numpropunlocksearned>, where xx is the current number of card unlock ponts you have. Change xx to a high number such as 999, save the file, start Age of Empires 3 and go into a skirmish. Go to where you manage your decks and now you will have 999 unlock points to get more cards for your deck.
- Invincible Units - Go to the folder containing all of the AOE 3 stuff. Open the folder called data. Right click proto.xml and go to open with and choose notepad. Press CTRL and F. Type in the name of the unit you want to find, e.g.: Explorer. Scroll down until you see all kinds of things starting with <Flag>. Anywhere in that area, make a new column and press CTRL and TAB twice. Type:
<Flag>Invulnerable</Flag> and on another line type: <Flag>DoNotDieAtZeroHitpoints</Flag>
Save the file then open AOE 3. Send your explorer into battle. HE WILL NEVER DIE! Note: This secret affects enemy units as well as your own. Warning: Unconfirmed, but editing this file may cause game crashes.
- Access Hidden Units in Editor - There are several secret units that don't, at the moment of this writing, have a code to access them during games. Despite this, they can still be accessed in the editor through a simple process. First, place a unit on the map, then select the "Replace Unit" command under "Objects." In the drop down menu, select Fluffy, Flying Purple Tapir, Learicorn, George Crushington, Lazerbear, or Monster Truck A and then click replace unit.