Alice in Wonderland (2010)
|Alice in Wonderland (2010)|
|Disney Interactive Studios|
|Nintendo DS, Wii and Microsoft Windows|
|International Release Date(s)|
|March 2, 2010|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Alice in Wonderland is an action adventure video game released in 2010. Disney Interactive Studios announced on July 23, 2009, that a video game based on the film would be released in the same week as the film for the Wii, Nintendo DS and Windows PC, with the soundtrack being composed by veteran video game music composer Richard Jacques. The Wii, DS, and PC versions were released on March 2, 2010.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Alice in Wonderland allows players to guide, protect and aid Alice as she journeys through the world of Underland while unraveling the game's many twisted mysteries. Along the way, players call on a diverse and unique cast of characters such as the Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat who each have unique abilities to help evade traps and solve challenging puzzles. The Mad Hatter can help Alice alter her perception of Underland and take advantage of optical illusions to open up places in the world the player alone would not have noticed. Meanwhile, the Cheshire Cat can use his ability to make himself and objects appear and disappear helping Alice through this strange world. Players must choose wisely when using each of the characters' powers and combine the abilities to solve more complex puzzles.
The game features:
- Explore a visually stunning world filled with whimsical settings, optical illusions, curiously challenging puzzles, and formidable adversaries.
- Play as the Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, Cheshire Cat, and other memorable characters from the film.
- Master unique abilities, such as altering perception, making objects invisible, and manipulating time.
- Develop new skills with an expandable combat system and upgradeable moves.
- Guide Alice to help her fulfill an exciting destiny that culminates with the ultimate battle against the Jabberwocky.
Reception[edit | edit source]
GameZone's Michael Lafferty gave the Wii version of the game a 7.6 rating out of 10, saying, "Graphically this game scores well, and though the overall gameplay is nothing that has not been experienced before, the game still has a nice rhythm to it. It is what it is – a game adaptation of a movie, slightly offbeat, but accessible." On the other hand, GameSpot gave the game a 6.5/10 "fair" rating. It noted some of the game's puzzle mechanics and "variety" as good points, while repetitive combat, bad voice acting, visual unevenness, and poor multiplayer were bad points. In comparison, the DS version of the game fared well, earning a 8.5/10 or "Great" rating. For the DS, GameSpot criticized the combat and the occasional experience of not knowing what to do next. However, GameSpot praised the "visual direction," puzzles, characterization, humor, cleverness, and DSi features.
DRM[edit | edit source]
The PC version of the game uses the SecuROM copy-protection system; like in most SecuROM-protected games such as Grand Theft Auto IV, Mirror's Edge and Batman: Arkham Asylum, the developers implemented triggers that can impair gameplay, preventing players using a pirated game from completing it.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Illusion, magic and impossible ideas come to life in upcoming Alice in Wonderland video games from Disney Interactive Studios". Disney Interactive Studios. July 23, 2009. http://bvgames.disney.go.com/disney/news/AliceinWonderland_July23_2009.html. Retrieved July 23, 2009.
- Alice in Wonderland review - GameZone.com