Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Fixed Shooter Shoot 'em up|
|Atari 2600 Joystick |
Atari 2600 Paddle Controllers
|Atari 2600 |
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
In Astrosmash you control a laser canon at the bottom of the screen; your goal is to earn as many points as possible by destroying the various incoming meteors, bombs, and other objects. Points are earned for destroying objects, while points are lost for letting them get past you. Meteors are the most common item you need to defend yourself against. They come in various sizes and colors, and some even split into two smaller meteors when shot.
Mixed in with the meteors are white spinning bombs. While letting a meteor get past you will only lower your score, you have to shoot the spinners. If one gets past, you will lose a life. On the more difficult levels, ufo's and guided missiles will also appear occasionally and attempt to destroy your canon.
If you become trapped in a hopeless situation, your canon can enter hyperspace and be instantly transported to a different location on the screen. Just be careful, sometimes you may be transported to a situation worse than the one you left! The game ends when all of your laser canons have been destroyed.
Astroblast varies from Astrosmash in that it allows for either joystick or paddle controllers to be used in the game, and that there is no hyperspace option.
Scoring[edit | edit source]
Your score increases when your laser gun hits the following targets:
- Big Rock—10 points times current level number
- Small Rock—20 points times current level number
- Big Spinner—40 points times current level number
- Small Spinner—80 points times current level number
- Guided Missile—50 points times current level number
- UFO = 100 points times current level number (appears on level 4 and above)
Your score decreases when the following happens:
- Big Rock lands = -5 points times current level number
- Small Rock lands = -10 points times current level number
- Your gun is hit, or a Spinner lands = -100 points times current level number
Scoring level changes:
- 1x level: Black background: Score up to 999
- 2x level: Blue background: Score 1,000 - 4,999
- 3x level: Purple background: Score 5,000 - 19,999
- 4x level: Turquoise background: Score 20,000 - 49,999
- 5x level: Gray background: Score 50,000 - 99,999
- 6x level: Black background: Score 100,000 and over
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|