As of 12/21, the former Encyclopedia Gamia has been redirected to this wiki, which is now the definitive wiki for this topic. To see more about this change, read more here.
Bards often serve as negotiators, messengers, scouts, and spies. They love to accompany heroes (and villains) to witness heroic (or villainous) deeds firsthand, since a bard who can tell a story from personal experience earns renown among his fellows. A bard casts arcane spells without any advance preparation, much like a sorcerer. Bards also share some specialized skills with rogues, and their knowledge of item lore is nearly unmatched. A high Charisma score allows a bard to cast high-level spells.
- • Alignment Restrictions: Any nonlawful.
- • Hit Die: d6.
- • Proficiencies: Simple weapons, light armor, medium armor, and shields.
- • Skills Points (*4 at 1st level): 4 + Intelligence Modifier.
- • Spellcasting: Arcane (Charisma-based, no spell preparation, spell failure from armor is a factor). Bards begin the game knowing all cantrips.
- • Ex-Bards: Bards cannot gain levels of experience while they are of any lawful alignment.