|Nintendo 64 Cartridge|
|Nintendo 64 Controller|
|European Release Date(s)|
|North American Release Date(s)|
February 28, 1997
|Japanese Release Date(s)|
March 21, 1997
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Story[edit | edit source]
A truck carrying extremely potent nuclear warheads has been damaged, and cannot change its course. Since the warheads emit so much radiation that no one can get close to stop the truck, the only option is to clear a path for it, and find a location where it can crash and the resulting explosion poses no danger to the rest of the world. This will be done by destroying every building and obstacle in the way of the truck.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
In the main levels, the player takes control of a number of different vehicles to bring down the buildings that are in the direct path of the truck, as it slowly moves along. When the truck reaches the end of the level you can move on, but if it hits anything, the warheads explode, and the level has to be restarted.
Aside from the "clear a path for the truck" levels, there are several other types of levels; Destroy Everything (clear all obstacles before time runs out) Race (drive around a track as fast as you can)
Vehicles[edit | edit source]
- Ramdozer: A bulldozer that does an excellent job of clearing obstacles. The catch is, not many levels give you access to it.
- Skyfall: A small car with turbo jets and good steering. The bottom of the car is extremely well-armored, so the best way to destroy buildings with it is to boost off ramps and fall on them.
- Ballista: A three-wheeled motorcycle that can shoot missiles. Its ammo is limited, though, so you have to find ammo crates to refill its missile launchers.
- Sideswipe: A truck with a pair of piston-powered side doors that can shove outward like miniature battering rams. The number of times the side doors can be used is limited, so battery refills must be found.
- Thunderfist: A big robotic suit with a huge fist, that can do a rolling attack into buildings to level them.
- Cyclone Suit: A smaller robotic suit that does super-fast cartwheels into buildings.
- J-Bomb: A robot suit with a jet pack that can fly up and stomp down on buildings.
- Backlash: A dumptruck that can slide very well. The way to bring down buildings with it is to spin so the back of the truck hits them like a wrecking ball.
- Cars: Many normal cars can be driven to quickly reach destinations, like a police car (good stability, horn is a siren), muscle car (doesn't lose speed on grass), van (good acceleration and control), and a hot rod (highest speed but skids easily).