Bowie (Shining Force II)
|This article needs an image. You can help by adding one.|
Bowie is the main protagonist and hero of the 1994 video game Shining Force II, the third game in the Shining series. During the game, he may be renamed to whatever the user desires, but his default name is Bowie. He is the young leader of the band of heroes called the Shining Force.
Bowie is a human boy who lives on the island of Granseal with his mother. As he begins his quest, he is speculated to be around 13–14 years old. His class is a Swordsman (SDMN) during pre-promotion, and a Hero (HERO) after being promoted. He is a unique character in Shining Force II in that if he dies during battle, the Force retreats and the player loses half of their gold.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Stats[edit | edit source]
- Top line indicates stat increases before promotion, bottom line indicates increases after promotion. Bowie has particularly advanced HP and Defense stats, along with high attack and speed. He normally has rather low MP; therefore limiting his magic.
Magic[edit | edit source]
As Bowie is a swordsman and not a sorcerer or wizard, he does not have many spells. He casts just two in the entire game, a Bolt Spell and an Egress Spell. Although the Bolt spell is one of the most powerful spells in the game, it's costly and very limited by his low MP. Bowie's magic should only be used in extreme circumstances.
- Egress (retreats from battle)
- Level 1: learned at lvl 1
- Bolt (lightning strikes an enemy)
- Level 1: learned at lvl 22
- Level 2: learned at lvl 31
- Level 3: learned at lvl 42
- Level 4: learned at lvl 51