Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters
|Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters|
PAL Cover featuring Taz and Bugs Bunny
|[[Artificial Mind and Movement]][[Category:Artificial Mind and Movement]]|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Story[edit | edit source]
While on duty as the top pest controller for "Jet Age Pest Control," Daffy Duck accidentally breaks Granny's time regulator and is thrown back in time with the core of this machine, a precious Time Gem. It's up to Bugs Bunny and the Taz to bring back this Time Gem and restore order to time. To do so, this unlikely pair will have to travel through four different eras in time and will come up against some of the toughest adversaries around such as: Yosemite Sam, Elmer Fudd, Babba Chop, and Count Bloodcount.
Eras[edit | edit source]
Granny and the Time Regulator are situated here; all 4 time era portals are situated here as well. Each portal has a special door representing each time era. Granwich is a parody of Greenwich and thus Greenwich Mean Time.
In the ancient world of the Aztecs, search the temples, play funny games like "pelota" or "catch the monkeys" and meet the first era boss- the mighty Yosemite Sam!
Visit the Viking Village and solve puzzles like "village statues" or play short games like "ring-and-roll" until you open the boss's lair and there....meet the terrible Viking boss, Elmer Fudd!
Enter the magical world of the Arabian era. Rescue genies, avoid snakes, and....dance! Yes, dance! Prepare to face the mighty guardian of the thieves' treasure: Babba Chop! Be careful.......because Babba chops!
This is your very last destination. Visit the spooky world of Count Bloodcount, lord of this era. Play rugby with huge monsters, visit Zoovania, and even swap bodies to complete a crazy mission in the frightening Transylvanian village. Beat the Count and get the Time Gem back for Granny!
Characters[edit | edit source]
Bugs Bunny[edit | edit source]
Everyone's favorite cartoon character is back and he is Lost in Time....again! Now, he must help fix Granny's Time Regulator. Bugs is wise, agile, and can perform a wide array of moves. Use him for the missions that require precise or sneaky control.
Taz[edit | edit source]
Taz is here as Granny's sidekick/apprentice/"pet." Granny has sent him to help Bugs in his quest. Of course, he doesn't totally sympathize with Bugs (he really loves rabbit...for dinner!). Some of Taz's wild characteristics will be useful for tasks such as picking up and pushing really heavy objects or using his tornado spin to break through stuff. Unfortunately, he is too unpredictable to accomplish missions that require stealth and delicacy.
Granny[edit | edit source]
Granny acts as the guide and mentor in the adventure. In addition to teaching special moves, she reveals information and hints to guide you in the quest via the magic mirror. Because she must keep an eye on the Time Regulator, she can't directly participate in the adventure. Her title is "Granny Time," a parody of Father Time.
Tweety[edit | edit source]
Tweety is another of Granny's pets. He acts as a messenger when Granny wants to talk to Bugs and Taz. When they see him, they must get close to him and simply press the "action" button. Tweety will then put them in contact with Granny.
Daffy Duck[edit | edit source]
The primary antagonist of the game. Aware that he can now travel through time using the Time Gem and become rich with all those treasures, he will roam the different eras to get as much as he can. Sometimes, he will also beg Bugs to save him from big enemies chasing him. For the majority of the time, Daffy is more of an annoyance than a real enemy. Bugs must get his hands on the precious Time Gem before Daffy causes any more trouble.
Boss Characters[edit | edit source]
- Gruesome Gorilla: The gorilla who rules the Baboon Realm of the Aztec Era. He's not terribly friendly and enjoys throwing things, especially at other people.
- Yosemite Sam: An Aztec king with a bad temper. Upon the heroes arrival to his temple, his temper flares when Daffy tricks him and escapes.
- Gas-House: A goon who battles Bugs and Taz on his Viking ship at the Moon Valley.
- Elmer Fudd: A Viking of high political stance. Elmer's costume is a reference to "What's Opera, Doc?"
- Babba Chop: An Arabian (Guardian of the Thieves Treasure) who will chop anything in his path!
- Count Bloodcount: A seemingly friendly vampire with a desire for blood. Beat him and recover the Time Gem!
Eras and bosses[edit | edit source]
- Aztec- Yosemite Sam/Gruesome Gorilla
- Viking- Elmer Fudd/Gas-House
- Arabian Nights- Babba Chop
- Transylvania- Count Bloodcount
Levels[edit | edit source]
- Aztec: Golden City; Catch the monkey, Baboon Realm; Sacred Ride; Sam's Temple.
- Viking: Shore Village; Moon Valley; Shield Race; Elmer's Domain.
- Arabian: Sunset Alleys; Royal Gardens; Carpet Chase; Babba's Cave.
- Transylvania: Ghost Town; Zoovania; Haunted River; Count's Castle.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Billy West - Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd
- Joe Alaskey - Daffy Duck, Tweety, Gruesome Gorilla, Gashouse Gorillas, Count Bloodcount
- Jim Cummings - Taz
- June Foray - Granny
- Maurice LaMarche - Yosemite Sam
- Kath Soucie - Baladi Dancer
References to other Looney Tunes media[edit | edit source]
- The Sacred Dragon is the same one that Yosemite Sam rides in Knighty Knight Bugs. Similar dragons are also seen in the game's predecessor, Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time.
- The mouse that appears in the intro and later in the Saving the Druid challenge in Shore Village resembles one of Hubie and Bertie. It also appeared in Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time.
- Shore Village seems to be based on the village seen in Prince Varmint. Also, the elephant in the Saving the Druid challenge is from that short.
- Moon Valley's boss, Gas-House, is a reference to the Gas-House Gorillas in Baseball Bugs.
- Elmer Fudd uses his Viking gimmick from What's Opera, Doc? and the level Elmer's Domain is from that short.
- The level Babba's Cave is based on Ali Baba Bunny and the boss, Babba Chop, is almost identical to Hassan, besides a few appearance differences. All of the lines Daffy says when he arrives in Babba's Cave are taken from the short.
- While hiding in Count's Castle from Count Bloodcount, Daffy comes across a laboratory and drinks a green liquid from a beaker. He then transforms into a monstrous green version of himself. This is the very same thing that happened to Bugs in Hyde and Hare and Tweety in Hyde and Go Tweet, and sylvester in Dr. Jerkyles Hyde.
- The three monsters in Ghost Town are based on Bang from the Monstars team in Space Jam. They have the same build, face and spots, and also wear shorts and sports shoes.
- The entrance to Zoovania looks like the one in A Day at the Zoo. The manual refers to it as "Dr. Jeckyle's zoo", which may suggest that the animals transforming into monstrous versions of themselves at night is another reference to Hyde and Hare. However, Dr Jeckyle does not make an appearance or is mentioned in the game.
- Count's Castle is based on Transylvania 6-5000.
References[edit | edit source]
- IGN profile for Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters. Retrieved on 2009-05-28