As of 12/21, the former Encyclopedia Gamia has been redirected to this wiki, which is now the definitive wiki for this topic. To see more about this change, read more here.
In gaming a bundle (or a pack-in) is a game that comes "packed in" with a system. Although fairly common in the past today bundles are rarely seen. There are two types of bundles, an actual full length game or a demo disc.
Modern video cards are very commonly bundled with demo versions of games.
Some examples of bundles from the past include:
- Atari 2600 (VCS)— Combat, Pac-Man
- Atari 5200— Pac-Man
- Bally Astrocade— Gun Fight
- ColecoVision— Donkey Kong
- Coleco Adam— Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom
- Nintendo Entertainment System— Super Mario Bros. , later Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt, World Class Track Meet (with Power Pad), Super Mario Bros. 3
- Atari 7800— Pole Position II
- Sega Master System— Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Astro Warrior, Hang-On, Master Games 1, Safari Hunt, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Zaxxon 3-D
- TurboGrafx 16— Keith Courage in Alpha Zones
- TurboDuo— Ys Book I & II, Dungeon Explorer, Ninja Spirit, Final Lap Twin
- Sega Mega Drive / Genesis— Sonic the Hedgehog (later changed to Sonic 2), Aladdin, Altered Beast, Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage 2
- Sega CDX— Sonic CD, Ecco The Dolphin, Sega Classics
- Super Nintendo— Super Mario World (later changed to Donkey Kong Country), Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Sega Saturn— Virtua Fighters
- Sony Playstation— demo disc, Battle Arena Toshinden, Gran Turismo, Ridge Racer
- Sega Dreamcast— demo disc
- Nintendo 64— Super Mario 64, GoldenEye 007 (U.K. only)
- Nintendo GameCube— Several different bundles existed. Metroid Prime and Mario Kart: Double Dash!! are two games that have been bundled with the console.
- Xbox - Jet Set Radio Future/Sega GT 2002