Chase: Hollywood Stunt Driver
|Chase: Hollywood Stunt Driver|
|North American Release Date(s)|
September 25, 2002
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Chase is one of many games to make use of the Xbox's customisable soundtrack capabilities.
Story[edit | edit source]
Players take on the role of professional stuntwoman Chase Corrada as she performs vehicular stunts for various films. Each film is directed by "Mr Chin", a famous Hong Kong director noted for his spectacular chase scenes, and who had previously worked with Griffin Corrada, Chase's famous stuntman father. In each film, Chase finds herself working/competing with rival stuntman Rick Baen.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Career Mode[edit | edit source]
"Career Mode" takes place across four films, with the player performing stunts for four scenes in each film. The films are:
- The Unchaseables - a Gangster film
- Chase of the Triad IV - A Hong Kong action film
- Chasing Survival - a post-apocalyptic film in the style of Mad Max
- The Spy Who Chased Me - a stylish spy film in the style of the James Bond films
After successful completion of a "scene", players then view the "scene" they just "filmed" as it would appear in a film (with things such as cameramen and hidden ramps "edited out"). Players can opt to save these filmed scenes and rewatch them in "Replay Theatre".
Challenge Mode[edit | edit source]
"Challenge Mode" involves players attempting to reach the high score in one of three disciplines:
- "Jump Challenge" - players attempt to jump their vehicles over an increasing number of buses.
- "Stunt Point Challenge" - players attempt to perform as many stunts as possible within a time limit.
"Race Challenge" - players Race against Baen.
Multiplayer[edit | edit source]
Three multiplayer modes are available:
- "Hit & Run" - a "tag"-style game in which players attempt to avoid being "it" when the timer runs out.
- "Stunt Point Duel" - a multiplayer variant on "Stunt Point Challenge".
- "Stunt Race" - a multiplayer variant on "Race Challenge".