|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles. (November 2009)|
|[[Perfect World]][[Category:Perfect World]], [[Perfect World Entertainment]][[Category:Perfect World Entertainment]]|
|Fantasy Massively multiplayer online role-playing game|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Red Cliff (also known as Chi Bi for the Chinese release and Heroes of Three Kingdoms for the North American release) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game set in ancient China during the fall of the Han Dynasty. The game, developed by Perfect World, offers free-to-play, no subscription-based game play, and has officially come in to Open Beta status as of 10/16/2009. The North America version, entitled Heroes of Three Kingdoms, was announced on April 12, 2010 by Perfect World Entertainment, the US subsidiary of Perfect World Co. Heroes of Three Kingdoms has gone to Closed Beta as of July 13, 2010., Open Beta for Heroes of Three Kingdoms began on July 27, 2010.
Plot[edit | edit source]
The story of the game is based on the well known time period of China, the Three Kingdoms. During this time period of China, the country is in the midst of a civil war. Among the groups fighting three leaders stand out which are Cao Cao of Wei, Liu Bei of Shu and Sun Quan of Wu. In this game, players can choose to join any Kingdom which are Wei, Shu and Wu.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Upon creating a character and entering the game, your character has no affiliations, but eventually is given the choice to pick a side and choose one of the Three Kingdoms from ancient China, to fight for the historically-based Cao Wei, Shu Han or Eastern Wu Kingdoms.
Key Features[edit | edit source]
1. Motion Captured Combat – Using advanced motion capture technology; combat is brought to life martial arts specialist, making the action exciting and realistic. Experience in-game combat as if it were real life.
2. Eighteen Weapon System – With a unique cool down system, players will have eighteen types of weapons available during the Three Kingdoms era in China to choose from.
3. Weaponry Crafting System – Following an ancient Chinese proverb goes “before you send out your troops, prepare your supplies” Heroes of Three Kingdoms features a unique, free-flowing production system that allows players to obtain key technological advancements to help aid them on the battlefield such as stronger bows, catapults and other siege weaponry.
4. Kingdom War System – Join the Wei, Shu or Wu and choose to wage war or create alliances against one another.
5. Historic Instances – Go back in time to experience historical battles and pivotal moments that helped shape the Three Kingdoms era and modern China.
6. Legion System – Come together to create Legions to help aid or conquer players in battle. Conquer one or multiple cities together to gain more troops and become their leader.
7. PvP Battlegrounds – Test your fighting abilities against other players to prove who shall lead the kingdom to victory.
8. Title System – Hundreds of different titles and occupations are available to earn in game. Each title comes with different outfits, skills and rewards.
9. Achievements – Explore everything the game has to offer and reap the rewards.
10. Reputation System – Gain reputation with the various factions in the world to gain access to new areas, better equipment and powerful skills.
Weapons/Class[edit | edit source]
In the game the player chooses a weapon when they are creating their character. Depending on the weapon chosen, this will determine their class. Note that although there are 18 weapons listed, some are unavailable and are expected to be released in future game updates. Weapons available for the North America release are as follows:
- Bow - focus on accuracy
- Charmer - focus on skills
- Cleaver - well-balanced weapon
- Gauntlet - focus on high HP
- Glaive - focus on high damage
- Halberd - well-balanced weapon
- Hatchet - focus on vigor and use of skills
- Hammer - (this weapon has not yet been made available for any releases of the game)
- Hooksword - focus on skills
- Mace - well-balanced weapon
- Ring Blade - focus on dodge
- Saber - focus on critical hits
- Scepter - focus on dealing high damage
- Spear - focus on high damage per second
- Staff - focus on defense
- Talons - focus on stealth
- Trident - (this weapon has not yet been made available for any releases of the game)
- War Fan - focus on control over enemies
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Chi Bi. Cubizone. Retrieved on 2010-06-30
- Heroes of Three Kingdoms. Perfect World. Retrieved on 2010-06-30
- Red Cliff (ChiBi). FreeMMOGamer.com. Retrieved on 2009-11-16
- Red Cliff. MMOsite.com. Retrieved on 2009-11-16
- Heroes of Three Kingdoms. Perfect World Entertainment. Retrieved on 2010-07-01
- HOTK – Closed Beta Date Revealed. Perfect World. Retrieved on 2010-07-07
- Heroes of Three Kingdoms. MMO Front. Retrieved on 2010-07-01
- Game Info; Weapons. Perfect World Entertainment. Retrieved on 2010-07-01
[edit | edit source]
- http://hotk.perfectworld.com/ - North America release
- http://chibi.cubizone.com/ - Asia (Chinese) release
- http://redcliff.cubizone.com/ - Asia (English) release
- http://www.perfectworld.com/ - Developer site