As of 12/21, the former Encyclopedia Gamia has been redirected to this wiki, which is now the definitive wiki for this topic. To see more about this change, read more here.
Chinese Paladin 3
|Please help improve this article by expanding it. Further information might be found on the talk page. (July 2010)|
|Chinese Paladin 3|
|Softstar Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.|
|[[Softstar Entertainment Inc.|
Unistar]][[Category:Softstar Entertainment Inc.
|The Legend of Sword and Fairy series|
|Keyboard and mouse|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Chinese Paladin 3 (simplified Chinese: 仙剑奇侠传三Template:; traditional Chinese: 仙劍奇俠傳三Template:; pinyin: Xianjian Qixia Zhuan Sān) is an action role-playing game developed by Taiwan's Softstar Entertainment, and a sequel to The Legend of Sword and Fairy 2, even though its story setting is before that of The Legend of Sword and Fairy. Set in ancient China, the game is based on the Wuxia genre with elements of fantasy.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Characters' stats are measured in Jing (精), Qi (氣) and Shen (神). Jing refers to health points; Qi is the energy points required to perform special moves; Shen refers to magic points. The concept of the five elements (Fire, Water, Lightning, Wind and Earth; works in a similar way as the Wu Xing in Chinese philosophy) is also applied in the game. Each of the five protagonists have a special attribute based on one of the elements and can use special powers (Xianshu) of their respective elements.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Feipeng, a divine general from Heaven, fights with Chonglou, the Lord of Demons. None of them is able to defeat his opponent and they gradually become less willing to destroy each other out of mutual admiration. Chonglou challenges Feipeng to another battle to determine the final victor between the two of them. Feipeng hesitates, because he will break Heaven's laws if he agrees, but eventually succumbs to temptation. The battle between Feipeng and Chonglou lasts several days and draws the attention of the Heavenly Emperor, who sends his troops to arrest Feipeng. Feipeng is distracted and loses to Chonglou. His sword is knocked away by Chonglou and falls into the human world below. Feipeng is punished for breaking celestial rules by banishment from Heaven into the human realm.
Feipeng, now an ordinary human being, goes through the cycle of life and death numerous times, and is eventually reincarnated as Jingtian, a young pawnshop keeper in Yuzhou. He acquires a magical weapon, the Demon Sword, by chance. The spirit of Long Kui, the younger sister of Long Yang (one of Jingtian's previous incarnations), resides in the sword, and she joins Jingtian in his adventures.
At the same time, he meets Tang Xuejian, a girl from the prestigious Tang clan. He is drawn into the internal conflict within Tang's family and the clash between the Tang clan and the Thunderbolt Hall. Subsequently, Jingtian meets Xu Changqing, an outcast of the Mount Shu Sect, and Xu's fiancee, Zixuan. He joins them in their quest to find the five elemental pearls, which can seal all evil spirits and demons in the Demon Prison Tower.
Endings[edit | edit source]
The five possible endings to the game are:
- Long Kui's ending: Tang Xuejian runs into a pit of fire carrying the useless sword into a powerful sword. Jingtian fights with Chonglou and loses. Jingtian lives with Long in the end.
- Tang Xuejian's ending: Same as Long Kui's ending, walks to the pit of fire carrying a useless sword, preventing Tang from making contact with her, she jumps down the fire pit and becomes powerful again. Jingtian fights with Chonglou and loses. Jingtian lives with Tang in the end.
- Zixuan's ending: Chonglou saves Zixuan and in doing so loses his powers. Jingtian settles in the same village as Zixuan.
- Hua Ying's ending: Chonglou and Jingtian make a promise to fight 19 years later. Hua follows Jingtian and they travel together.
- Perfect ending: Jingtian fights Chonglou and wins. Chonglou brings one girl to life and the other three of them live together in Jingtian's new pawnshop. This is the ending where Chinese Paladin 3 Plus: Wen Qing Pian picks up eight years later.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hinet.net This English title is officially used, as seen from the StarForce protection screen, instead of The Legend of Sword and Fairy 3.
[edit | edit source]
- Official The Legend of Sword and Fairy website Template:Zh icon
- Softstar's website Template:Zh icon
- Official Chinese Paladin Online website Template:Zh icon
- Baidu Baike Template:Zh icon
- Chinese Paladin English Forum
- Xu Changqing and Zixuan fansite
- Xianjian Qixia Zhuan series at MobyGames