Codex Gamicus:Effect Charts
On Codex Gamicus, we use what are called Effect Charts. These allow us to display weaknesses that specific enemies are vulnerable too. There are five colours we use:
- Green means Weak. This means the indicated element or status effect is particularly effective against the enemy, and should be exploited where possible.
- Orange means Half. This means the indicated element or status-based attack deals half the regular damage to the enemy that it would otherwise normally inflict.
- Yellow means Nullifies. This means the indicated elemental or status-based attack deals zero damage to the enemy, and thus should be avoided in your move rotations.
- Red means Absorbs or Immune. In the case of an elemental or status-based attack, the enemy adds the attack damage to their HP, while for a status effect attack, the enemy cannot be afflicted by it under any circumstances, and thus should be avoided in your move rotations.
- Blue means Variable. This means the enemy is vulnerable to the indicated element or status effect, but only at specific point(s) in the battle.