|[[Konami]][[Category:Konami]], [[Ocean Software]][[Category:Ocean Software]]|
|Track and Field|
|[[Raster, 256x224 pixels (Horizontal), 128 colors]]|
|Arcade, Commodore 64, Amstrad CPC and Sinclair ZX Spectrum|
|Zzap! – 91% (for Commodore 64)|
|Achievements | Awards | Changelog | Cheats |
Codes | Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC
Help | Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Combat School, distributed in North America as Boot Camp, is a 1987 arcade game produced by Konami where the player takes control of a military recruit who is undergoing basic training at a United States Marine Corps Recruit Training also known as a boot camp.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The control panel consists of a single trackball and two action buttons that change functions between events. The game can be played against a CPU-controlled opponent or a second player. Player 1 takes control of Nick, a brown-haired recruit in an orange shirt, while his rival is Joe, a blond-haired recruit in a blue shirt. The gameplay is similar to the Track & Field games, also released by Konami.
The game is composed of seven training events whom the player must complete. Upon failure to complete an event, the player must do a set number of chin ups as punishment in order to continue into the other events, or it's game over. The events are as followed.
- Obstacle Course – Set in a side-scrolling segment, the player must reach the end of the stage under the alloted time before his opponent while climbing walls and clearing bars.
- Shooting Range No. 1 – The player must shoot as many targets as possible under the allotted time. If played against a second player, then the one who shoots the most targets win.
- Iron Man Race – Similar to the obstacle course, but set in a top view angle. The player must reach the top of the stage while avoid mines and other obstacles. Eventually
- Shooting Range No. 2 – Same as the first one, but featuring moving targets.
- Arm Wrestling – The two recruits are pitted against each in a match of strength and stamina.
- Shooting Range No. 3 – The third and final shooting range stage features penalty targets.
- Fighting – The player faces against his instructor in hand-to-hand combat in the final event. If played with a second player, then the two players must fight each other.
After all seven events are cleared, the player's graduates from basic training only to be sent on a mission to rescue the U.S. President from armed terrorists. The final stage consist of a single side-scrolling level where the player must fight off terrorists using the skills acquired during the course of training. This stage can only be played by one player.