Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Crystal Computing were one of the smaller software companies which produced games for home computers in the early 1980s. It was formed by Chris Clark and Graham Stafford who were both students in Manchester.
Crystal split after an evening of argument known later as 'the night of the long knives' with the key programmers leaving Crystal to set up another company (Chandrex Ltd) which traded under the name Design Design Software.
Notable Releases[edit | edit source]
- Merchant of Venus - 1982. (A trading game for the ZX81)
- Zeus Assembler - 1983. The fastest Z80 assembler, over 60 times faster than the nearest competitor. Later distributed by Sinclair.
- Halls of the Things - 1983. Awarded game of the year by Sinclair User.
- Rommel's Revenge - 1983.
- The Dungeon Master (computer game) - 1983.
- It's the Wooluf! - 1984. (Not written in-house)
- Invasion of the Body Snatchas! - 1984. Reviewed in Crash issue 1 - 69.5%. Version of the arcade game Defender.
- Bug Blaster - 1984. (Not written in-house) Reviewed in Crash issue 3 - 68%
- Cyber Zone - 1984. (Not written in-house) Reviewed in Crash issue 3 - 85%