Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|[[Square Enix]][[Category:Square Enix]], [[TOSE (XBLA/PSN ports)]][[Category:TOSE (XBLA/PSN ports)]]|
|Mobile phone, iOS, PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Arcade and WiiWare|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Crystal Defenders is a tower defense video game by Square Enix. The game was originally released under the title Crystal Guardians (クリスタル ガーディアンズ Kurisutaru Gādianzu ) for mobile phones. Versions for the iPod, iOS, WiiWare, Xbox Live Arcade, and PlayStation Network were later released under its current title.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Crystal Defenders takes place after the events of Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift and features units from the Final Fantasy Tactics series. The objective of the game is for the player to stop waves of monsters from stealing a cache of crystals in a maze by strategically positioning units to destroy them before they escape with their loot. Each unit has their own special attributes, and have particular strengths and weakness against certain enemies.
The game features 300 stages (waves of monsters) spread across three chapters of increasing challenge.
Releases[edit | edit source]
The three chapters of Crystal Guardians were first released separately for mobile phones in Japan only, and were respectively titled W1, W2, and W3. They were later repacked as standalone Crystal Defenders games and released worldwide for iPod Classic/Nano (W1 and W2 only) and iOS (W1, W2 and W3).
The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions are enhanced ports of the iOS version. A PlayStation Portable version, also based on the iOS version, was released on October 29, 2009. The WiiWare version was released in two episodes, Crystal Defenders R1 and R2. The console versions all feature online leaderboards.
Sequels[edit | edit source]
Crystal Defenders: Vanguard Storm, a sequel/spin-off to Crystal Defenders was released for the iOS in May 2009. Vanguard Storm is a turn-based strategy game that requires players to defend their position on the right from monsters that are invading from the left side. As with Crystal Defenders, it features character classes and monsters from Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Zelda Classic Becomes 300th Virtual Console Game". Nintendo of America. 2009-05-18. http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/rl33Ipv_7uHSJNVTxxe8YIHqtZHdgkxp. Retrieved 2009-05-18.
- Crystal Defenders Comes Home
- IGN Crystal Defenders for iPhone review
- CRYSTAL GUARDIANS - クリスタル ガーディアンズ
- Final Eclipse << DreizehnteφNichtvorhandensein 『CRYSTAL GUARDIANS W2』:配信開始日決定
- 旧 FF&KH情報倉庫 | ファイナルファンタジー＆キングダムハーツ ONLiNFO - CRYSTAL GUARDIANS Archive
- Which Version Of Crystal Defenders Should You Get?
- PlayStation Store Update
- Crystal Defenders: Vanguard Storm Is Another Dose Of Final Fantasy Defense
[edit | edit source]
- Official North American Crystal Defenders site (Wii-Ware)
- Official Japanese Crystal Guardians site (Mobile)
- Official North American Crystal Defenders site (All platforms)