Days of Memories
Days of Memories (abbreviated DOM) is a series of dating sims that SNK Playmore has been making for cell phones since 2005. They have recently released a compilation of the first three games for the Nintendo DS, with new graphics and an extra viewing mode.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The games are dating sims starring SNK, ADK, and SNK Playmore characters that take place in a parallel world to their own. In each game, You are given the month of July to start a relationship with one of the girls featured in the game, in order to finish the game with the beginnings of a workable relationship.
Gamelist[edit | edit source]
- Days of Memories ~Boku to Kanojo no Atsui Natsu~ (Days of Memories 〜僕と彼女の熱い夏〜)
- Released on October 17th, 2005.
- The cast of this game are considered to be fan favorites from their respective debut games.
- Features - Athena Asamiya, Kasumi Todoh, B. Jenet, King, Mai Shiranui, Yuri Sakazaki, Leona Heidern, Kula Diamond.
- Male characters - Kyoya Kaido (original)
- Days of Memories 2 ~Boku no Ichiban Taisetsu na Kimi e~ (Days of Memories 2 〜僕の一番大切な君へ〜)
- Released on February 1st, 2006.
- Debuted the first unique Days Of Memories character.
- Features - Hotaru Futaba, Kisarah Westfield, Fiolina "Fio" Germi, Chizuru Kagura, Mature, Blue Mary.
- Male characters - Kyo Kusanagi, Iori Yagami
- Exclusive character - Shizuku Misawa.
- Days of Memories ~Ōedo Ren'ai Emaki~ (Days of Memories 〜大江戸恋愛絵巻〜)
- Released on May 15th, 2006.
- Is set during the era of Feudal Japan.
- Is the first game in the series to show where the girls are.
- Features - Nakoruru, Mina Majikina, Rinka Yoshino, Saya, Mikoto, Shiki, Iroha.
- Male characters - Haohmaru, Genjuro Kibagami, Ukyo Tachibana, Kyouemon (original)
- Exclusive characters - Shino, Chiyo.
- This game features only Samurai Shodown characters, rather than the normal cast of King Of Fighters characters.
- Days of Memories ~Kare to Watashi no Atsui Natsu~ (Days of Memories 〜彼と私の熱い夏〜)
- Released on November 1st, 2006.
- This game is marketed as a dating game for girls, rather than the normal male perspective.
- Features - Kyo Kusanagi, Iori Yagami, K', Ash Crimson, Terry Bogard, Rock Howard, Alba Meira, Ryo Sakazaki.
- Days of Memories ~Koi wa Good Job!~ (Days of Memories 〜恋はグッジョブ!〜)
- Released on April 3rd, 2007.
- This game focuses on characters at work in various jobs, related to their normal game appearances.
- Features - Kisarah Westfield, King, Kasumi Todoh, Mai Shiranui, Ai, Athena Asamiya.
- Male characters - Geese Howard, Wolfgang Krauser, Konoe Hideki (original)
- Exclusive character - Karen Ōkain.
- All characters except Ai and Karen appeared first in the original two games.
- Days of Memories
- Released on June 14th, 2007.
- Compilation of the first three Days of Memories games for the Nintendo DS.
- Days of Memories ~Junpaku no Tenshitachi~ (Days of Memories 〜純白の天使たち〜)
- Released on June 19th, 2007.
- Character roster is taken from The King of Fighters XI and KOF: Maximum Impact 2
- Features - Ninon Beart, Elisabeth Blanctorche, Luise Meyrink, Momoko, Malin, Vanessa, Kaoru Watanabe (Athena Asamiya's fan and friend), Alice Garnet Nakata (from the Fatal Fury slot machine).
- Side characters - Mignon Beart
- Male characters - Magaki, Shion
- Exclusive characters - Ayame Ichitsuka, Tsugumi Ichitsuka.
- Days of Memories 2
- Released on April 24th, 2008.
- Compilation of the fourth to sixth Days of Memories games for the Nintendo DS.
- Days of Memories ~Boku to Kanojo to Koto no Koi~ (Days of Memories 〜僕と彼女と古都の恋〜)
- Released on May 5th, 2008.
- This game focuses on characters at work in various jobs, related to their normal game appearances. This is the first game in the series to include characters from The Last Blade series.
- Features - Athena Asamiya, Leona Heidern, Kula Diamond, Angel, Whip
- Side characters - Rimururu, Tsunami (from the exclusive Iroha game)
- Male characters - Kyo Kusanagi, K', Ash Crimson, Haohmaru, Genjuro Kibagami, Setsuna, Kojiroh Sanada
- Exclusive character - Kamisaki Misato
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|Lists of miscellaneous information should be avoided. Please relocate any relevant information into appropriate sections or articles. (August 2009)|
- In the first two games, most of the characters have unique outfits which reflect the ren'ai genre of the game, like, for example, Kula wearing a junior high school seifuku uniform and a Gothic Lolita style outfit, as well as their normal clothes.
- One of the locations you can visit in DOM1 is Neo*Geo Land in Esaka, a common location of fights in the King Of Fighters games. This is replaced in DOM2 by Neo*Geo World.
- The game tests players by asking for information like the birthdate, blood type and birthplace of whichever girl you are planning to complete the game on, not allowing you to progress without getting most of the information correct.
- Various male characters cameo in the games, usually appearing in the context of their normal game appearances. This is changed, in the fourth game, to having the female characters cameo.
- Most of the female cast of The King Of Fighters series appear as either major characters or as cameo characters in all the games except the third game, which features solely Samurai Shodown characters.
- Some pre-ending final sequences break the fourth wall, with Kula's pre-ending actually displaying joystick commands, in order that the player physically selects the right move for the character, with the bad ending occurring if you don't know the moves.
- The last three games offer a unique look at some of the characters from Last Blade and Samurai Shodown as if they were born within the last decade, rather than in their game's original era.
- A bonus character in the last of the games is based on the idea of Athena, from Athena, ending up somehow in the modern day, complete with some references to her source.