As of 12/21, the former Encyclopedia Gamia has been redirected to this wiki, which is now the definitive wiki for this topic. To see more about this change, read more here.
Dead or Alive series
Series of primarily fighting games, made by Team Ninja. The series is famous for it's high quality graphics,interactive levels, tag matches,it's rock/paper/scissors balance, and let's face it: the bouncing breasts of the female characters.
Fighting Games[edit | edit source]
- Dead or Alive - The original DOA game.
- Dead or Alive++ - The last Dead or Alive 1 based game. Coming out only a few short months before DOA2, it was a hybrid of DOA1 and DOA2. It is the most advanced in hold directions and was the first to universalize the throw command and offensive hold command. Only made in arcades.
- Dead or Alive 2 - The first true "sequel" to Dead or Alive, featuring new characters, much better looking levels and graphics, and four person tag matches.
- Dead or Alive 3 - Considering to be one of the best looking Xbox games, DOA3 featured even more characters, even better looking stages, new move types (Air grabs, variable length charge-up moves) and a tightened up control scheme.
- Dead or Alive: Ultimate - Includes a port of the Sega Saturn version of DOA with internet play, and a visually upgraded version of Dead or Alive 2 that includes some features from DOA3 (the character Hitomi, enhanced controls) as well as internet play.
- Dead or Alive 4 - The latest sequel, due out in fall for the Xbox 360. Once again the game will feature even better looking levels and characters, several new characters and new gameplay features.
Spinoffs[edit | edit source]
- Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball - A rather unconventional Volleyball game that functions more as a light relationship simulator.
- Ninja Gaiden - A nortoriously difficult third-person action game starring Ryu Hayabusa and featuring repeated appearances by DOA's Ayane.
- Dead or Alive: Code Chronos - Not much is known about this game, as it has been put onto the backburner until DOA4 comes out.