Destruction Derby 2
|This article needs to be cleaned up. More information may be found in this article's talk page.(August 2009)|
|Destruction Derby 2|
|[[Reflections Interactive]][[Category:Reflections Interactive]]|
|[[Sony Computer Entertainment (NTSC)|
Psygnosis (PAL)]][[Category:Sony Computer Entertainment (NTSC)
|PlayStation and PC|
ESRB: K-A (Kids to Adults)
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Game overview[edit | edit source]
Destruction Derby 2 is the sequel to the Sega Saturn, PlayStation and PC title, Destruction Derby. Here the player must race on up to seven different circuits, in a range of modes, similar to its predecessor. The modes are Wrecking Racing (where the player must destroy or spin the other competitors), Stock Car (a typical race where it's 1st to the flag) and Destruction Derby, which is based around the crash arenas (more below). Commentator Paul Page performed as the announcer, shouting small phrases during moments of impact, such as; "Yeah!!" and "Go easy on the paintwork!" etc. Destruction Derby 2 was added to the PlayStation Platinum range in 1997. Originally the game was released in a double-CD cover (even though the game was only on one CD), but the platinum range version was released in an ordinary PlayStation cover.
Tracks[edit | edit source]
- Pine Hills Raceway - A generic race track.
- Chalk Canyon - Chalk Canyon is set in a Canyon environment. The course features elements such as a jump, a steep hill with a kink at the top and two tunnels.
- Caprio County Raceway - Caprio County Raceway is known for being the only race course in the game without a pit lane. Apart from that, it is a generic derby raceway.
- SCA Motorplex - Motto: The Home of Stock Car Racing - This course is set in a dockland environment, and features elements such as an underpass and a first tight corner, known for many pile-ups.
- Black Sail Valley - Black Sail valley is set in a dockland environment, much like SCA Motorplex. The course is known for its many crossroad-type elements.
- Liberty City - Motto: The Worlds Premier Street Raceway - Liberty City is set in a City, and is a rather short course compared to tracks such and Chalk Canyon. The course has elements such as a cobble road.
- The SCA Ultimate Destruction Speedway - The SCA Ultimate Destruction Speedway is set in a Canyon-like area again. This track is the last race course in the game. It features elements such as a split track, narrow roads, tunnels, and a large jump at the end; which is optional.
Music tracks[edit | edit source]
Reviews[edit | edit source]
- Official PlayStation Magazine UK: 9 out of 10 (90%)
- IGN: 7.2 out of 10 (72%) (PlayStation version reviewed)
- GameSpot: 7.0 out of 10 (70%) (PlayStation version reviewed)
- GameSpot: 7.6 out of 10 (76%) (PC version reviewed)
- Edge (magazine): 8 out of 10 (80%) (PlayStation version reviewed)