PAL region cover art for PlayStation 2
|DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, Nintendo Optical Disc|
|PlayStation 2, Microsoft Windows, GameCube and Mobile Phone|
|European Release Date(s)|
March 28, 2003
March 28, 2003
|North American Release Date(s)|
June 30, 2003
April 29, 2003
July 17, 2003
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Downtown Run, known in North America as City Racer, is 2003 racing game made by Ubisoft and it was released for PlayStation 2, PC, GameCube, and mobile phones. The game features many different cars, game modes and tracks. In most game modes, you can collect power-ups to maximise your chance of winning or slow down opponents.
Game modes[edit | edit source]
All of these modes are also available in multi-player except Championship and Bet Race.
Normal[edit | edit source]
- Quick Race: Basic game mode. Classic race with all the options.
- Count Down: Reach checkpoints in a certain time limit.
- Championship: Play through all the tracks in a set order. This is the only game mode you can unlock tracks in.
- Time Attack: Get the best time possible on a track.
Special[edit | edit source]
- Last Man Standing: Win the race by having the least damage possible.
- Chase: Play as the hunter (police car) or hunted (chosen car). Try not to get busted.
- Sudden Death: Drive safely to win on a randomly chosen track and number of laps.
Extra[edit | edit source]
- Bet Race: Initially locked, becomes available once you reach a certain number of prestige points. Race against an opponent to win or lose a large number of prestige points.
Cars[edit | edit source]
The cars do have not visual damage and you cannot see in to them. All the cars have multiple colours to choose from. Only the VW Beetle is initially unlocked, you must earn prestige points to unlock more cars. You can unlock cars in any mode.
- Renault Clio V6
- Audi S3
- Audi TT
- VW Beetle
- Saab 9.3 Convertible
- Peugeot 206 CC
- Peugeot 307
- Peugeot 406 Coupe
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 6
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7
- MG TF XPower 500
- MG ZT XPower 500
- Ford Thunderbird Convertible *
- Ford Mustang SVT Coupe *
* Only available on PlayStation 2 version.
Tracks[edit | edit source]
Number of laps can be anywhere from 1-30. You can also choose start position (1-6) and number of opponents (1-5) on many game modes. Initially, only the London tracks are unlocked, you must progress through the Championship mode to unlock tracks. All tracks are also available in reverse.
- London Wrooaring Night.
- London Walk In The Park.
- London Bet.
- Burning Hill of Montreal.
- Montreal's Floor Pedal.
- Kremlin Gates.
- NY Bet on Wheels.
- NY Night Fever.
- Paris Fever.
- Burn, Burn, Paris.
- Rome Rush.
- Rome Night Run.
- Lisbon Seacoast Run.
- Sibiu, Transylvania.
Power-ups[edit | edit source]
Enhancing[edit | edit source]
- High grip: Boosts the car's grip.
- King of the road: Boosts the car's speed.
- All in wonder: Boosts the car's grip and speed.
- Invulnerability: Car is not affected by offensive power-ups or collisions.
- Repair: Repairs a car a lot, but not to full health.
Offensive[edit | edit source]
- Instant penalty: When hit, it lowers a car's grip and handling.
- Oil slick: When hit, control of the car is lost.
- Nails: When hit, the cars performance is affected depending on how the nails were hit.
- Chip Buster: A laser beam across the road, that once hit will shut down the car's engine.
- Inverted Steering: When hit, steering controls are inverted.
- Blast: A circular blast which instantly stops any car within radius.
- Instant spin: When hit, the car will instantly spin.