As of 12/21, the former Encyclopedia Gamia has been redirected to this wiki, which is now the definitive wiki for this topic. To see more about this change, read more here.
Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road
|Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road|
Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road Logo
|[[Rocket Studio]][[Category:Rocket Studio]]|
|[[Square Enix]][[Category:Square Enix]]|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road (ドラゴンクエスト モンスターバトルロード Doragon Kuesutō Monsutā Batoru Rōdo ) is a Japanese arcade game based on Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King released in 2007, only in Japan, using the Taito Type X system. Players battle monsters and can win real-life cards with monster data imprinted on them.
A sequel, Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road II Legends, was announced at the 2009 Jump Fiesta in Tokyo.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The game is based around battles with monsters from the Dragon Quest games and heroes from Dragon Quest . The battles take place in a coliseum and the monsters either can come from the game itself or cards the player can insert into the machine itself. The combat itself is very simple and only uses a two-button system.
The machine gives the player a free card at the beginning of a match. These cards can then be used in battle and if the player has one of the rarer cards, a special attack becomes available to be used in battle.
References[edit | edit source]
- Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road (2007). Retrieved on February 26, 2008
- Outline of Results Briefing by SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS held on November 7, 2008. Square-Enix.com. Retrieved on 2008-12-20
- Ashcraft, Brian (2008-12-01). Dragon Quest IX Playable This Month In Tokyo. Kotaku.com. Retrieved on 2009-01-16
- Ricardo Torres (2007). Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road First Look. Retrieved on February 27, 2008
[edit | edit source]
- Official Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road Japanese website Template:Flagicon
- Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road at GameFaqs.com