As of 12/21, the former Encyclopedia Gamia has been redirected to this wiki, which is now the definitive wiki for this topic. To see more about this change, read more here.
E3 2010 was a video game show held between June 15 through June 17, 2010 in the Los Angeles Convention Center. Here's a list of notable announcements as well as other gaming news for the different companies.
Microsoft Press Conference[edit | edit source]
- Project Natal's real name were revealed. It is now known as Kinect. Along with the name a few games for Kinect were revealed:
- Kinectimals which let you play and interact with 20 different virtual cats.
- Kinect Joyride, the previous to be free Avatar arcade game, a racing game where you use your hands to steer with an imaginary wheel. In Addition to that a player uses his/her own body to make the car jump, make tricks and accelerate for boosts.
- Kinect Sports with six activities including bowling, boxing, beach volleyball, track & field, soccer and table tennis. Again a player uses his/her body to mimic the serves in volleyball or kicking the ball in soccer.
- Kinect Adventures includes a river-raft time trial and obstacle course. It's playable for up to four players. On the raft, playing as a duo, both players must lean one way or another to steer.
- A dance game developed by Harmonix called Dance studio.
- Kinect Star Wars for Kinect developed at Microsoft Game Studios in conjunction with Lucasarts.
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved by Ubisoft.
Kinect is to be released in North America November 2010, other regions TBA.
- New Xbox 360 officially announced with 250 GB harddrive, built-in WiFi and a new look. Will be released the very same week as E3 in stores, it will cost the same as the Xbox 360 does now.
- Microsoft signed with ESPN to bring sports TV exclusively to Xbox 360 gold members.
- Forza Motorsport 3 to get Kinect support, players will be able to explore the car aside from driving.
- Microsoft signed with Activision to get first hand exclusivity on all future Call of Duty maps from 2010 to 2012.
- Hideo Kojima entered the show along with an associate and showed the first Metal Gear Solid: Rising gameplay trailer.
- Codename Kingdom announced, a game exclusively developed by Crytek for Xbox 360.
- Cliff Bleszinski showed up with three people to show the 4-player co-op in Gears of War 3 and the debut of gameplay footage from the game.
- Treyarch were present and showed some Call of Duty: Black Ops gameplay.
- Peter Molyneux entered and showed the very first game trailer of Fable III.
Nintendo Press Conference[edit | edit source]
Sony Press Conference[edit | edit source]
EA Press Conference[edit | edit source]
- Criterion Games announced that they are working on Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit with a start of a game trailer. With this game they want to go back to the roots of Need for Speed. They also showed live gameplay from the game with a car chase.
- Live gameplay of Dead Space 2 were shown and it ended as an cliffhanger to be continued on the Sony press conference the following day.
- EA showed the Medal of Honor Multiplayer gameplay for the first time. As known before the multiplayer mode is being developed by DICE and the Single player mode by EA's Los Angeles studio. For the Multiplayer demonstration a game trailer and a live multiplayer match with 18 people on stage were shown.
- A tiny bit of information on EA's Gunclub were talked about, a club for people that like shooters. Members will get exclusive news, betas tests, demos and more. It was also said that players who pre-ordered Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will get early access in the Medal of Honor multiplayer beta that starts June 21 only they will be able to start June 17 instead.
- An expansion pack for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is coming called Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam.
- Peter Moore walked in to talk about three EA Sports Games.
- First up were EA Sports MMA, he revealed that two big name fighters would be used on the cover of the game. He also revealed the Live Broadcast used to stream game fights live to players who wanna watch with a chance to win prizes.
- After that EA Sports Active 2 were announced and to be developed for all three platforms.
- And last he talked about and showed Madden NFL 11. He brought in Joe Montana to help him talk about some of the new features in Madden NFL 11.
- A gameplay trailer for The Sims 3 were shown because the game is now coming to consoles also. It was also briefly said that The Sims 3 would get more expansions to come.
- A gameplay trailer of Crysis 2 were shown.
- Cliff Bleszinski and two associates showed some live Bulletstorm gameplay.
- The conference ended with a new CGI trailer from the MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Ubisoft Press Conference[edit | edit source]
- The press conference starts with a live demonstration of Tetsuya Mizuguchi's new game, Child of Eden. A spiritual successor to his previous game Rez. They game will take advantage of Kinect and PlayStation Move and to be released for XBLA & PSN.
- Hosting this year's press conference were Joel McHale from the TV-series "Community".
- A CGI trailer from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood were shown and the end showed a release date of November 16.
- Shaun White entered the stage to talk about his own game, Shaun White Skateboarding. After a few minutes two guys from the developer team entered to show a live demo gameplay and explain how things work.
- After that Joel McHale were disrupted during his speech by 6 people running towards the scene and shoot at each other with plastic guns. They were playing a new kind of laser tag game called Battletag. It can be played anywhere close to the "game master" and works almost the same as regular laser tag.
- After that a guy came in on stage to show a game meant to made people relax by breathing, the name of it is Innergy. You put on a thing on the finger that measures how stressed one person are and connect the other end to a computer.
- A trailer for Motionsports were shown, a game for Kinect and PlayStation Move.
- A live demonstration of Your Shape: Fitness Evolved were shown for.
- A new Rabbids game were announced with a trailer, Raving Rabbids: Travel in time for the Nintendo Wii.
- Some guys entered the stage and showed a live gameplay of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.
- After that the new Driver game were officially unveiled as Driver: San Francisco with a teaser and a gameplay trailer. The game will go back to the roots of the Driver series and bring back Tanner from the first game and his arch enemy Jericho from the second game.
- The CEO of Ubisoft, Yves Guillemot, entered the stage to present three projects that Ubisoft has been working on.
- The first one, named Project Dust, a game which is to be released on PSN and XBLA. The game is designed by Eric Chahi and he's called it a spiritual successor to Populous.
- The second project was a game a character that everyone is familiar with, Rayman. Rayman is brought back in the game Rayman: Origins. No platform was said but the interesting part about the game was that only five people are working on it.
- The last project shown was a thing called Maniaplanet. With Maniaplanet there will be three games connected; Trackmania 2, Questmania and Shootmania. With these three games you'll be able to take parts of each game and create your own unique game and share to other people, if understood correctly.
- To end the conference a few people entered the stage to dance, they danced to Michael Jacksons "Beat it" and behind them on the screen a picture of Michael Jackson and the Ubisoft logo popped up. A dance game will come based on Michael Jackson, no official name for the game has been announced yet.
Konami Press Conference[edit | edit source]
Other games present at E3[edit | edit source]
Apart from the games shown at the press conferences there were other notable games at E3.