|Eclipse (video game) screenshot.jpg|
|Release date||Jun 17th, 2005 |
|Age rating(s)||Ratings Missing|
|Arcade system||Arcade System Missing|
|Requirements||1.2 GHz processor, 256 MB RAM, DirectX 7 level graphics card, Half-Life 2|
|Credits | Soundtrack | Codes | Walkthrough|
Eclipse is a mod for the video game Half-Life 2. It is a fantasy-themed action-adventure viewed in third-person. Eclipse was developed by CelTech Studios, a group of students from The Guildhall at SMU and released June 17, 2005.
Storyline[edit | edit source]
Eclipse is a third-person total conversion of Valve's Half-Life 2. Eclipse is an action/adventure game featuring puzzles and combat. The player plays a character named Violet, a young sorceress with telekinetic abilities. This ability allows Violet to pick up and throw objects; this is what the player uses to fight. Violet eventually learns new abilities like Hellstorm, an ability to summon up to three "Fairy Orbs" which can cause significant damage.
Critical reaction[edit | edit source]
Eclipse received the ModDB 2005 Editor's Choice award for released mods from Mod DB. ModDB highlighted an interesting telekenisis-based combat, gorgeous visuals, excellent level design and original soundtrack.
References[edit | edit source]
- Eclipse Mod for Half-Life 2 Eclipse Available for Download news - Mod DB. Retrieved on 2008-03-09
- Mods of 2005 (Page 5). ModDB. Retrieved on 2008-01-28
- Enter the Guildhall. 1up. Retrieved on 2008-08-25
[edit | edit source]
Notable mentions[edit | edit source]
- 1up.com - Guildhall Projects
- Gametrailers.com - Video Interview
- steampowered.com - weekly update
- Half-Life Fallout - news archive
- Mod DB - Features
- Independent Games Festival - Finalists: 2006 IGF Modding Competition