Egg Mania: Eggstreme Madness
|Egg Mania: Eggstreme Madness|
North American cover art for PlayStation 2
|PlayStation 2, Xbox, Nintendo GameCube and Game Boy Advance|
ESRB: E (Everyone)
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
At the start of a level, crates begin falling from the sky. Each one has a picture of the block it contains on it. Stack these blocks and build a tower up to the hot-air-balloon to finish the level. However, it is not that simple; the water at the bottom of the level rises, and if there are any holes remaining in the tower, it gets destroyed. Also, several enemies randomly appear, some stealing your crates, and some dragging you into the water. There are also items in bubbles that give you a power-up or help to destroy an opponents towers.
Modes[edit | edit source]
|Egg Mania||The original Egg Mania 1 Player mode|
|Bomb Mode||Destroy your opponent's tower with bombs before he does|
|Solo||Play without a CPU for the most points you can get|
|Survival||Play an endless version of the Egg Mania mode|
|Custom||Configure the settings of a game|
|Tournament||Up to 8 players can participate in a tournament|
Characters[edit | edit source]
All of the characters are based on eggs, all with different looks to them.
|Eggy||A little kid kind of egg|
|Robo||A mechanical toy egg|
|Bebub||The Devil Egg|
|Yolko||The only female egg in the game|
|Coolio||A D.J. egg|
|Funky||A Disco egg|
|Astro||A Gastronomical egg|
|Spike||A Punk-Rocker egg|
Unlockable Characters[edit | edit source]
- Spooky: The ghost of an egg
- Unlockable by Eggo Mania Mode- medium setting
- Angelica: An Angel egg
- Unlockable by scoring 1,000,000 on solo mode
- Sir Eggolot A royal knight egg
- Unlockable by Bomb Mode- medium setting
- Poncho: A Mexican Pistol-Armed egg
- Unlockable by Bomb Mode- hard setting
- Yolkohama: A Japanese shogun-type egg, the leader of all the Robo eggs
- Unlockable by Eggo Mania Mode- hard setting
Reception[edit | edit source]
|GameRankings||GBA: 73.0% (5 reviews) |
PS2: 68.3% (19 reviews) 
GC: 66.2% (16 reviews) 
Xbox: 64.8% (13 reviews) 
|Metacritic||PS2: 64% (8 reviews) |
GC: 64% (7 reviews) 
Xbox: 58% (7 reviews) 
|GameSpot||6.4 / 10 |
|IGN||5.3 / 10 |
PS2: 6.3 / 10 
References[edit | edit source]
- Aggregate score for Game Boy Advance at Game Rankings.
- Aggregate score for PlayStation 2 at Game Rankings.
- Aggregate score for GameCube at Game Rankings.
- Aggregate score for Xbox at Game Rankings.
- Aggregate score for PlayStation 2 at Metacritic.
- Aggregate score for GameCube at Metacritic.
- Aggregate score for Xbox at Metacritic.
- PlayStation 2 review at GameSpot.
- GameCube review at GameSpot.
- Xbox review at GameSpot.
- PlayStation 2 review at GameSpy.
- GameCube review at IGN.
- Xbox review at IGN.
- PlayStation 2 review at IGN.