|Game Series||Star Ocean series|
|First Appearance||Star Ocean: Till the End of Time|
|Japanese Name:||Fate Linegod|
|Weapon(s):||Sword & Symbology|
|Voice Actor(s):||Souichiro Hoshi (JP)|
Steve Staley (NA)
Fayt Leingod (Fate Linegod in Japan) is the main protagonist in tri-Ace's role playing game Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. He is voiced by Souichiro Hoshi in the Japanese version and Steve Staley in the U.S. version.
He is an honest young man. Somber but extremely headstrong, his parents are the most renowned and highly respected scholars of symbolical genetics in the Pangalactic Federation. Fayt also studies symbological genetics in the Bachtein Science University, and while he is studious, he prefers playing sports and games to studying. He commits himself daily to martial arts practice in the "battle simulator." Although he can be stubborn at times, he is thoughtful and never abandons a person in need.
Battling[edit | edit source]
In battle, Fayt uses his sword and the majority of his attacks are short ranged. His HP and MP growth rates are above average, and he is capable of dealing notable amounts of both HP and MP damage with his Battle Skills. His Defense growth is the highest in the game, and he is the fastest runner in battle.
Learning Chart[edit | edit source]
As Fayt grows in levels, he gains new abilities. Due to additions through Star Ocean 3's Director's Cut, Fayt is now one of the few melee fighters that learns Symbology naturally. Battle Skills and Symbology are bolded, Support and Tactical skills are italicized.
|Skill (level required)||Battle/Symbology/Tactical|
|Blade of Fury (2)||Berserk (21)|
|Healing (3)||HP Damage Up (22)|
|Scan, Aerial (4)||MP Damage Up (23)|
|Blazing Sword (6)||Shotgun Blast (25)|
|Critical Hit (7)||Lightning Blade (30)|
|Charge (9)||Fear (32)|
|Standby Heal (10)||Deep Freeze (38)|
|Critical HP (11)||Air Raid (40)|
|Taunt (14)||Stone Rain (45)|
|Side Kick (15)||Dimension Door (50)|
|No Guard, Lightning Blast (16)||Explosion (60)|
|Stun (17)||Divine Blade (special)|
|Ice Blade (20)||Ethereal Blast (special)|
Battle Skills[edit | edit source]
Fayt's battle skills mostly involve directly attacking the enemy with his sword or enchanting his weapon for additional damage.
- North American Skill Name (Japanese Name) — Description. (CP cost to equip)
- Charge (No Change) — Fayt rams into the enemy, causing both HP and MP damage. (4 CP)
- Aerial (No Change) — Fayt leaps into the air and knocks the enemy to the ground with a downward slash for both HP and MP damage. (2 CP)
- Blade of Fury (Blade Reactor) — Fayt strikes through an energy-covered sword with a vertical slash. Further pressing the button will have him follow up with a second slash and a 2-hit lunge. Higher mastery levels cut the time between slashes, allowing Fayt to perform them seamlessly at high speed. (4 CP)
- Blazing Sword (Blaze Sword) — Fayt engulfs his sword in flames, adding fire-elemental and MP damage to his normal attacks; using another battle skill will cancel the effects. Higher mastery levels increase the enchantment's duration. (4 CP)
- Side Kick (Reflect Strife) — Fayt sidesteps and dives in for a kick for up to three hits; the beginning of the attack grants Fayt a short amount of invulnerability. (2 CP)
- Ice Blade (Icicle Edge) — Fayt enchants his sword in ice, adding water-elemental and MP damage to his normal attacks; using another battle skill will cancel the effects. Higher mastery levels increase the enchantment's duration. (4 CP)
- Shotgun Blast (Shotgun Bolt) — Fayt creates a wall of miniature explosions ahead of himself for multiple hits; fire-elemental. (4 CP)
- Lightning Blade (Lightning Bind) — Fayt imbues his sword with the power of lightning, adding wind-elemental and MP damage to his normal attacks; using another battle skill will cancel the effects. Higher mastery levels increase the enchantment's duration. (6 CP)
- Air Raid (Vertical Airraid) — Fayt leaps into the air with an uppercut slash of energy that knocks the enemy into the air as well, then sends the enemy back to the ground with a second powerful wave of energy for a wide, damaging shockwave. (7 CP)
- Dimension Door (Strayer Void) — Fayt charges in a void of energy, damaging enemies in the vicinity, and teleports over to the nearest enemy, hitting them with an energy slash. Also does MP damage and can cause paralysis. (6 CP)
- Divine Blade (Divine Weapon) — Fayt's sword is blessed with holy power, adding non-elemental and MP damage to his normal attacks; it is the most powerful of all the sword enchantments, and using another battle skill will cancel the effects. Higher mastery levels increase the enchantment's duration. (8 CP)
- Ethereal Blast (Iserial Blast) — Fayt's sword turns into energy that surrounds his body as he leaps into the air. He grows wings and is covered in an aura of energy, which he unleashes in large beam on a concentrated area of the ground; the end result is an enormous explosion that causes heavy HP and MP damage. (8 CP)
Symbology[edit | edit source]
Fayt can now learn four spells naturally through leveling as an addition to the Director's Cut. Also, in any version of the game, it is possible to teach Fayt the basic support and attack spells by using special tomes.
- North American Spell Name (Japanese Name) — Description. (MP cost per use)
- Lightning Blast (No Change) — Fayt sends a short stream of electricity in the general direction of his target. Wind-elemental. (10 MP)
- Deep Freeze (No Change) — Encases a medium-sized area in ice. Water-elemental. (80 MP)
- Stone Rain (Rock Rain) — A large stone explodes over the head of the enemy and rains rocks for a short amount of time in a wide area. Earth-elemental. (80 MP)
- Explosion (No Change) — A globe of fire touches down and burrows into the ground before erupting into a large-scale explosion of fire. Fire-elemental. (300 MP)