Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown
|Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown|
|[[Sprout Games]][[Category:Sprout Games]]|
|[[PopCap Games]][[Category:PopCap Games]]|
|[[Feeding Frenzy (series)|Feeding Frenzy]][[Category:Feeding Frenzy (series)]]|
|CD, Online Download|
|Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 (XBLA), PlayStation 3 (PSN) and Android|
|ESRB: Everyone (E)|
|1.0 (February 6, 2006)|
|Ed Allard and Ben Lyon|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown is an arcade-style video game involving the marine food chain. It is also the sequel to the 2004 title, Feeding Frenzy. The game was developed and published by PopCap Games.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
As in Feeding Frenzy, players have to control several fast growing marine predators who are out to uncover a mystery which is lurking in the ocean. The aim of the game is to avoid predators and obstacles while eating other smaller fish and creatures, eventually reaching the top of the food chain. Feeding Frenzy 2 includes 60 new levels which feature scenery such as new underwater worlds, coral reefs, deep sea caves, and sunken ships, as well as above water challenges. The story mode starts the player as a small butterfly fish named Boris. The player has to eat and chomp his or her way to the top of the food chain. Along the way, the player meets new creatures, both friendly and unfriendly.
Special abilities[edit | edit source]
The animals which the player controls have special abilities, although these are generally quite similar to those in the previous title. They include a "dash" maneuver for a quick burst of speed, the ability to "suck up" a large school of fish all at once, as well as an ability which allows the character Edie to light up her way.
Power-ups[edit | edit source]
The game features power-ups which can be used to gain instantaneous or short term effects. These include older power-ups from the previous game, as well as completely new ones:
- Lighting Bolt: A lightning bolt icon which is usually stored in a bubble. The effect of this power-up is to provide increased swimming speed.
- Shrink Shroom: The effect of this power-up is to shrink any fish whose size is bigger than the player.
- Instant Illuminate: Lights up the whole screen for a few moments during the "Midnight Zones".
- Looney Lures: This power-up is displayed as a hook icon. It lures and moves bigger fish off of the screen.
- 1UP: The player is awarded an extra life.
- Golden Herring: This fish makes the player grow one level size, allowing you to eat the next biggest fish. This fish is fast though, and the best method of catching it is to use the inhale ability.
- Plankton are fish that Edie the anglerfish also can eat for light in midnight zones.
Environments[edit | edit source]
Above water challenges[edit | edit source]
In some levels the player will be able to jump out of the water, catching several insects and bugs which wander near the surface. In the air, the player can use an ability which sucks a number of insects at the same time. The player can also do back flips to gain more style points, while a failed attempt will result in a belly flop.Also some are just in the middle waters of the ocean and are like midnights zones only the giant difference is it has light.
Midnight Zone[edit | edit source]
The player will also come across several “Midnight Zones”. During these levels Edie the anglerfish's illuminating lure will be used to light the player’s way. However, eventually the power of her illuminating lure will decrease. Hence, Edie has to hunt for bio-luminescent plankton to increase the lighted area of the level. A bulb icon power-up can be eaten for instant full screen illumination.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Boris - Boris the butterfly fish is the first playable character in the game. He lives in the warm waters of the Sandy Shoal, a beautiful area off the Frenzy Coast.He is the first to meet oysters that give pearls and sometimes power ups plus also he meets starfish.
- Layla - Layla the queen triggerfish is the second playable character in the game. She lives in the warm water of Paradise Reef and is the first to meet barracuda enemies.
- Edie - Edie the anglerfish is the third playable character. Edie's levels are difficult because her levels are the "Midnight Zones". Note that the fish's gender has been changed to female due to the fact that only female angler fish emit light; this was a mistake in the original game.
- Peter - Peter the pompano is the fourth playable character in the game. He lives in Buccaneer Bay, where the player will first come across cuttlefish which shoot ink.
- Harry - Harry the humphead wrasse is the fifth playable character in the game, the balloons are back after a while and you can again jump for bonuses out of the water.
- Goliath - Goliath the great white shark is the sixth playable character in the game. He is very high up in the food chain, and is the first to fight "The Intruder".
- The Intruder - The Intruder is an alien fish disrupting the food chain. The player is required to fight it every 3 levels after Goliath defeats it for the first time. The player then moves lower down the food chain, playing as previous characters until The Intruder is defeated for the last time, after which Boris eats it. This completes the game. The Intruder is then unlocked as a playable character, and the player can then play through the entire game again as The Intruder.
- Barracudas are a special unplayable fish in the game because all the characters except Goliath due to his high level in the food chain can tail bite these fish for extra points and if bitten 4 times it will shrink small enough to eat and will be shown as a big amount of extra points at the end of the level top left of the lunch report screen but be careful they will follow you for a long time after a bite and will not leave easy.Watch for the danger signal that shows when there about to show up.
- The Mermaid is another unplayable character but she gives you a big batch of starfish at the end of the level if you never get eaten.
- The Pelican is another dangerous unplayable character because if your near the surface or jumping for bugs it could eat you. But in Peters boss battle while The Intruder gives of the shrinking mushrooms, if the Pelican happens to be around you can eat it but it flies fast.