|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|
Age of Empires and Age of Mythology[edit | edit source]
In order to train units and advance through the ages, food is usually needed.
Ways to get Food[edit | edit source]
1. Hunt Animals: Animals are a good source of food, the only disadvantage being that they are scattered all over the map. Some animals run away from units. Some attack units. Some animals cannot be hunted (Birds, turtles).Note that in AoE, the food content of an animal deteriorates over time.
2. Gather/forage from berry bushes. There are usually not many forage bushes on the map.
3. Farm: And get food. In AoEIII and AoC, the farms are unlimited.In Aoe, farms must be built by villagers, if not already provided in the scenario, and contain a limited quantity of food.
4. Markets: You can trade gold for food.In AoE, markets are the prerequisites of farms (see above).
5. Fishing: Fishing boats, caravels, and sometimes villagers can usually gather fish if there is a significant amount of water on the map.
In AoE, docks and trading posts (AoEIII) are another ways to get food, and act as a market. Also usually only villagers can get food.
Cheats to get Food[edit | edit source]
Age of Empires: Pepperoni Pizza
Age of Empires II: Cheese Steak Jimmy's
Age of Empires III: Medium Rare Please
Age of Mythology: JUNK FOOD NIGHT
This page is extracted from Age of Empires.