Full Throttle (arcade game)
|Publisher(s)||Taito Romstar (US)|
|Release date||Release Date Missing|
|Age rating(s)||Ratings Missing|
|Arcade system||Arcade System Missing|
|Input||Steering wheel; 2-position Shifter (Low/High); 2 Pedals (Accelerator and brake); Nitro Button|
|Credits | Soundtrack | Codes | Walkthrough|
Full Throttle (also known as Top Speed) is a one-player racing arcade game made by Taito in 1987. It is very similar in style to the Out Run games in that it features a fast, red car hurtling through the U.S. countryside.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The car featured is a red Mazda RX7.
- Director Hiroyuki Sakou went on to create Taito's Operation Thunderbolt a year later.
- This game is Taito's response to Sega's Out Run.
- This game was the forerunner of the Taito Z system on which Taito's driving games were based from 1988-91.
- Some of the billboards in Full Throttle/Top Speed are plugs for other Taito games such as Operation Wolf and Plump Pop
- One of the billboards in Full Throttle/Top Speed features two detectives who are obvious references to Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs from Miami Vice. Ironically enough, Taito released Chase H.Q. which featured Miami Vice-esque detectives.