GSC Game World
|GSC Game World|
GSC Game World is a Kiev-based computer game developer. Founded in 1995 in Kiev, Ukraine, it released titles such as Cossacks: European Wars, American Conquest, Alexander, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. In 2004, GSC Game World founded the publishing branch GSC World Publishing.
GSC Game World's most successful game series is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, a survival shooter which was in development for seven years and which was released in March 2007, but it is also known for Cossacks. Most of its titles are published in Europe by Cdv Software Entertainment.
GSC Game World is also the creator of the X-Ray Engine used in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.
Titles developed by GSC Game World[edit | edit source]
- 2001 - Codename: Outbreak
- 2001 - Cossacks: European Wars
- 2002 - Cossacks: Art of War
- 2002 - Cossacks: Back to War
- 2003 - Hover Ace
- 2003 - American Conquest
- 2003 - American Conquest: Fight Back
- 2004 - Alexander
- 2004 - Firestarter
- 2005 - Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars
- 2006 - Heroes of Annihilated Empires
- 2007 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
- 2008 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
- 2010 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
- 2012 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - development
Xbox 360 Developer rights[edit | edit source]
In November 2007 GSC acquired Xbox 360 developer rights. They now have permission to make games for the Xbox 360. In September 2009 GSC announced that it will port S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to the consoles (360, possibly PS3, Wii, and PSP) but only after Call of Pripyat comes out because of the lack of man-power in GSC.
[edit | edit source]
|This European video game corporation or company-related article is a Stub. You can help by adding to it.|