Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Awards | Compatibility | Credits | Help |
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Videos
GameFAQs is an extremely popular video game site that supplies walkthroughs, game saves, cheat codes and things of that nature. It was started in 1995 by CJayC. Virtually every game, from the first generation to future titles still in development, has its own brief info page and message board.
The FAQs, walkthroughs, and cheats are all user submitted and maintained. Because there are so many message boards, sometimes with multiple boards for one game, the community is vast. In 2003, because the site was getting too big to handle, GameFAQs was bought by CNet, though CJayC still remains in control. Changes with the CNet takeover included a new layout, a thin CNet bar at the top, a GameSpot featured article at the bottom, and the integration of the many GameFAQs boards & users with the many GameSpot boards & users.
Contest Poll Results[edit | edit source]
Being one of the most visited game websites on the internet, their userbase represents a large chunk of the gaming public. A popular feature on GameFAQs is the annual tournament poll that lets the visitors vote on topics such as the best character or best game. The most popular of these tournaments is the Summer Best Character poll. The winners since it began are as follows:
- 2002 - Summer Character Contest - Link over Mario in final round.
- 2003 - Summer Character Contest - Cloud Strife over Link in final round.
- 2004 - Spring Game Contest - Final Fantasy VII over Chrono Trigger in final round.
- 2004 - Summer Character Contest - Link over Cloud Strife in final round.
- 2005 - Spring Villains Contest - Sephiroth over Ganondorf.
- 2005 - Summer Character Contest - Mario over Crono (Previous Champions were omitted)
- 2005 - Tournament of Champions - Link over Sephiroth
[edit | edit source]
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|