Growlanser (グローランサー Gurōransā ) is a series of tactical role-playing games with installments on the PlayStation and PlayStation 2. The series is set in a world that is being taken over by an ancient evil.
The series is the creation of Career Soft, with publishing duties handled by Atlus Co. in Japan. Working Designs published Growlanser II: The Sense of Justice and Growlanser III: The Dual Darkness in North America together in a package called Growlanser: Generations. Growlanser V: Generations was published in North America under the name Growlanser: Heritage of War by Atlus U.S.A. Titles feature game art by Satoshi Urushihara.
Games[edit | edit source]
- Growlanser II: The Sense of Justice
- Growlanser III: The Dual Darkness
- Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time
- Growlanser: Heritage of War (Growlanser V: Generations)
- Growlanser VI: Precarious World
Other merchandise[edit | edit source]
- Soundtrack CDs for the Growlanser series were released in Japan by King Records (I, II, and III), FrontierWorks (IV), Pony Canyon (V) and Sony Music (VI).
- A number of drama CDs have been released for Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of the Time, but more notable is Growlanser's very first collection of entirely vocal music from the same game in the CD Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of the Time Original Character Song Album, which features songs sung by the main characters of Growlanser IV like Crevaneil, Silvernale, Alphonse and Christopher, etc.
- With Growlanser IV came an OVA to the series, featuring a situation from the game turned into an anime. Silvernale, the main character travels around in the city trying to figure out what's going on regarding a rebellion and is given the decision either to join it or go against it. The ending theme to the OVA is "Yakusoku" (Promise), Silvernale's Image Song, featured as track 10 on the Character Song Album.
[edit | edit source]
- Atlus (Japan) Homepage
- The official website of Atlus U.S.A.
- Working Designs Homepage Now Defunct.
- Growlanser Realm (unofficial fansite)