|North American Release Date(s)|
September 28, 1999
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Summary[edit | edit source]
Homeworld was the first game in th series of the same name. Released in 1999, the game quickly became a surprising success, taking the Game of the Year award from IGN and Game Critics Award at the E3 expo.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Homeworld was originally meant to be a video game adaptation of the cult space opera television show Battlestar Galactica but Relic failed to obtain the rights. The story concept was designed later.
- In 2000, "Homeworld: Game of the Year Edition" was released, containing the official strategy guide and Soundtrack CD, with the latest patch for the game also included.
- In 2003 Relic released the source code for Homeworld, which is available on Relic Developers Network webpage.
- When the source code was released fans created editions for Linux and Mac OS X.
- Despite it being several years old, the community is still alive, and it's possible to play multi-player games on dedicated servers that is still running ever since.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Official Homeworld webpage
- Homeworld wiki
- Relic.com - game developer webpage
- Homeworld IRC Channel: #homeworld on RTSnet
Reviews[edit | edit source]