Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|[[DeathSpank]] and [[Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness]]|
Hothead Games is an independent video game developer and publisher based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Hothead is best known for its role-playing/adventure video game series, On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, based on the Penny Arcade webcomic. Hothead self-publishes its games with a focus on offering accessible gameplay and episodic content through digital distribution.
History[edit | edit source]
Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Canada, Hothead was founded in March 2006 as a privately funded independent developer and publisher with a focus on offering accessible game play and exceptional content through digital distribution.
Hothead's first game was Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One, released for download worldwide on May 21, 2008.
Awards and recognition[edit | edit source]
- The Canadian New Media Awards (CNMA) recognized Hothead as the "Most Promising New Company of the Year" (May 2007).
- Swarm (in development) was selected as a finalist in the Telefilm Canada's Great Canadian Video Game Competition (March 2007) and won the "People's Choice" award.
- Business in Vancouver awarded Hothead CEO Vlad Ceraldi a spot in its 2007 "Forty Under 40" list as one of Vancouver's outstanding entrepreneurs.
- Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One was nominated as a "Best Downloadable Content" finalist in G4TV's GPhoria 2008.
- Hothead was recognized as one of The Gamasutra 20's list of "Breakthrough Developers" (August 2008).
Leadership[edit | edit source]
Ian Wilkinson – President & CEO
Co-founder of Radical Entertainment