|Unique Development Studios|
|DOS and Microsoft Windows|
|International Release Date(s)|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Game features[edit | edit source]
There are three different versions of Ignition available:
All versions were packaged together, although a download was required from the (now defunct) company website to address Voodoo 2 incompatibilities with the original 3dfx release. All versions can be run in 320x240, 640x480 and 800x600 resolutions. The game features skid marks, smoke, sparks and fire effects. Ignition supports Audio CD playback during the game. Ignition can be controlled using keyboard, joypad, pedals or joystick. Also multiplayer using split screen (two players on one machine) or LAN in the Windows version is supported. The game is multilingual: English, Spanish, Italian and Swedish is supported.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
You can race through 7 tracks with 11 different unique vehicles of your choice. Compete in a "Championship", "Single Race", "Time Trial" and "Pursue Mode".
Game Modes[edit | edit source]
- In the "Championship" mode, the player is to race on 5 to 7 tracks, three laps each and to earn most points. The player advances to the next track if he comes at least 3rd. If after racing all tracks player earns most points, he advances to the next difficulty level. The levels are: Novice (5 tracks), Amateur (6 tracks), Pro (7 tracks) and Mirror (7 tracks mirrored).
- "Single Race" is just simple race, three laps with 5 opponents.
- In "Time Trial" player is to beat the high scores: lap time and track time. In this mode when you race once on a track, the way you raced is recorded to "ghost", with which you will race to beat the highscore. "Ghost" is made so it does not spoil your race. You can share "ghosts" with your friends.
- In "Pursue Mode" every lap the last car to finish a lap is eliminated until a winner is found.
Also in every race best times for lap and track are saved for each track.
Every mode can be played in multiplayer.
Vehicles[edit | edit source]
The vehicles include:
- Coop (Mini Cooper)
- Evac (green emergency jeep)
- Enforcer (LAPD police car)
- Redneck (loosely based on a Ford Mustang 68 coupe)
- School bus
- Bug (Volkswagen Beetle)
- Smoke (a Truck head)
- Banana (yellow Porsche)
- Monster (Monster Truck)
- Vegas ('71 Dodge Demon)
The last four cars in the list become available as soon as corresponding difficulty level is completed. Each car has four characteristics (acceleration, turbo, speed and grip) which vary from car to car. "Evac" has the lowest "stats", while "Ignition", the car unlocked at the end of the game, has the highest.
Tracks[edit | edit source]
- Moose Jaw Falls (Moose Jaw, Template:Flagicon Canada)
- Gold Rush (Template:Flagicon USA)
- Snake Island (Template:Flagicon Brazil)
- Lost Ruins (Template:Flagicon Mexico)
- Yodel Peaks (Template:Flagicon Austria)
- Cape Thor (Template:Flagicon Iceland)
- Tokyo Bullet (Tokyo, Template:Flagicon Japan)
The last two tracks become unlocked on the completion of Novice and Amateur difficulty levels accordingly.
Music[edit | edit source]
All tracks made by Christian Björklund.