Illarion is a free graphical MMORPG in a medieval fantasy world.
The focus of this game lies on true roleplaying, which means the player should think into the world of his character and behave like an actor playing a role.
History[edit | edit source]
Illarion started in February 2000 and is constantly being developed by volunteers. There are continuously updates.
Main development steps*2000-2001 First 2D client
- 2001 first Isometric client
- 2006 Java based client
- 2012-12-21 After 12 years the previous world the isle of Gobaith got destroyed in a multiple week quest
- 2013 New client called VBU (Very big update)
[edit | edit source]
Illarion is playable without the usual RPG skills. It is possible to play character like bards, beggars, puppet player or priests that are not supported by the engine.The skill system supports the following development threads:
- Crafter (more than 10 professions)
Development threads can be mixed in every way.PvP is possible everywhere but usually the player interaction are based more by discussion an less violence.
World of Illarion[edit | edit source]
The world of Illarion is a consistent environment.
A complex history background for more than 4000 years as well as a pantheon of 16 different Gods creates a belivable world.The character must be related to one of 4 different communities with different main targets and advantages as well disadvantages.
- Cadomyr (honor)
- Galmair (money)
- Runewick (knowledge)
- Wilderness (…)
Illarion is a choice for role player[edit | edit source]
- Character has to develop not in skill points only.
- Non fighting characters can be successful due to a rich crafting system and the acceptance of pure role play based characters.
- It is possible to play a character even without any skill points.
Community[edit | edit source]
The player base constantly renewing at a low level.
Developer, Community manager and GM recruit from the player’s base.
Illarion server is managed by a registered society.
Main language is English, about 40% of the player speaks German as well.