Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Piano Keyboard (24 keys); |
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Keyboardmania (alternately KEYBOARD MANIA, and abbreviated KBM) is a rhythm video game created by the Bemani division of Konami. In this game up to two players use 24-key keyboards to play the piano or keyboard part of a selected song. Notes are represented on-screen by small bars that scroll downward above an image of the keyboard itself. The goal is to play the matching key when a note bar descends to the red play point line. The arcade cabinet has two screens - one for each player.
Arcade Release[edit | edit source]
Keyboardmania has three Japanese arcade releases.
- Keyboardmania [Released Q1 2000]
- Keyboardheaven [Released Q1 2000] : Korean release edition of Keyboardmania (1stMIX).
- Keyboardmania 2ndMIX [Released Q3 2000]
- Keyboardmania 3rdMIX [Released Q1 2001]
Super Linking Session[edit | edit source]
Keyboardmania 3rdMIX has a linking feature with Drummania 4thMIX/GUITARFREAKS 5thMIX and Drummania 5thMIX/GUITARFREAKS 6thMIX with a dozen songs.
Home Version[edit | edit source]
Keyboardmania has 2 home versions for PlayStation 2.
- Keyboardmania [Released 9/21/2000]
- Keyboardmania II (2ndMIX & 3rdMIX) [Released 2/28/2002]
The Home Version of keyboardmania has Modified controller similar to the Arcade keys.
One other notable version is for Windows PCs and it is shipped with the Yamaha EZ-250i Keyboard, which is used to play [Released Q2 2003] .
Notable songs[edit | edit source]
- Frozen Ray - this song has crossed over to beatmania IIDX 6th Style and Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME after debuting on 3rd Mix.
- Pink Rose - this song has crossed over to pop'n music 5 (for the Japanese PlayStation), Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME and beatmania IIDX 12.HAPPY SKY.
- The Least 100sec - one of the dozen songs that can be played in the Super linking Session. In addition to being in Keyboardmania, drummania and Guitar Freaks, this song also appears in pop'n music, Dance Dance Revolution, beatmania, beatmania III and recently beatmania IIDX.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Since there are 24 keys, the range is C3-B4
[edit | edit source]
- keyboardmania Official homepage in Japanese
- keyboardmania 3rdMIX Official homepage in Japanese
- keyboardmania 2rdMIX Official homepage in Japanese
- Bemanistyle in English
- keyboardmania Hong Kong FanClub in Chinese
References[edit | edit source]