|Proprietary limited company|
|Computer and video game industry|
Krome Studios is an Australian video game company with over 150 staff. Its headquarters are in Brisbane with offices in Adelaide and Melbourne. Krome Studios is best known for their Ty the Tasmanian Tiger games and for revitalizing the Spyro the Dragon series. The company was founded in 1999 by Robert Walsh, who is currently the CEO, Steve Stamatiadis, the current creative director and John Passfield, the design director who left the company in 2005. Krome has created games for the Xbox, Nintendo GameCube, Wii, Game Boy Advance, Dreamcast, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PC. Currently Krome is developing for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii and PlayStation Portable.
To date, Krome Studios has created 19 titles on multiple platforms and languages comprising of 40 SKUs, including Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, Krome’s own IP and Platinum selling global videogame franchise.
In 2010, Krome Studios was awarded the number 52 spot in the Develop 100 list, placing them alongside developers such as Insomniac Games, Media Molecule, LucasArts, Epic Games, Blizzard Entertainment and Electronic Arts.
On August 18, 2010, it was reported that Krome had closed down their Adelaide studios and made significant staff cuts to their Melbourne and Brisbane offices - with as many as 100 staff let go.
Games developed[edit | edit source]
- Championship Surfer (PlayStation, Dreamcast, Microsoft Windows, 2000)
- Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, (PlayStation 2, Xbox, Gamecube, 2002)
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius: Jet Fusion, (PlayStation 2, Gamecube, 2003)
- Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue, (PlayStation 2, Xbox, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance 2004)
- King Arthur, (PlayStation 2, Xbox, Gamecube 2004)
- Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan, (PlayStation 2, Xbox, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, 2005)
- The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning, (PlayStation 2, Xbox, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, 2006)
- The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night, (PlayStation 2, Wii, 2007)
- Viva Piñata: Party Animals, (Xbox 360, 2007)
- Hellboy: The Science of Evil, (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation Portable 2008)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed , (PlayStation 2, Wii, PlayStation Portable, 2008)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Lightsaber Duels (Wii, 2008)
- Scene It? Box Office Smash, (Xbox 360, 2008)
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (PlayStation 2, Wii, 2009)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, 2009)
- Game Room (Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, 2010)
Games under development[edit | edit source]
- Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Wii, 2010)
- Blade Kitten (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows PC) (2010)
References[edit | edit source]
- Krome Studios in the Develop 100 list (2010-05-07). Retrieved on 2010-06-09
- Major Staff Cuts at Krome Studios. GamePron.com (2010-08-19). Retrieved on 2010-08-19
- Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes Comes to the Rescue This September. Lucasarts (2009-05-11). Retrieved on 2009-05-19