LEGO Batman: The Videogame
|This article uses content from Wikipedia. The original aricle can be found at LEGO Batman: The Videogame. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Codex Gamicus, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 (unported) license.|
|LEGO Batman: The Videogame|
|Traveller's Tales, TT Fusion, Robosoft Technologies|
|Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, DC Comics, Feral Interactive|
|macOS, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Wii and Xbox 360|
|Retail Localization Information|
|Interface Language(s) |
|European Release Date(s)|
|October 10, 2008|
|North American Release Date(s)|
|September 23, 2008|
|Australian Release Date(s)|
|October 15, 2008|
|Japanese Release Date(s)|
|December 8, 2008|
|Achievements | Awards | Changelog | Cheats |
Codes | Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC
Help | Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
LEGO Batman: The Videogame is a video game developed by Traveller's Tales, that was released on September 1, 2008. It is similar to the LEGO Star Wars series, in that it is both a game based on a licensed property and has environments, objects and creatures made out of Lego. Warner Bros. has handled the publishing, marketing and financing aspects.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The game will star Batman and his sidekick Robin fighting crime and villainy in Gotham City. An early build for the PlayStation 2 console was shown at certain conferences (such as at Game On in London) by designer Jonathan Smith, with a small playable area sporting exactly the same HUD as Lego Star Wars II. Characters on-screen each have individual animations and both Batman and Robin have their animated TV show dressing style. There will be 36 true levels in the game (18 for the heroes and 18 for the villains), as well as some secret levels. After you play through the level from the heroes' perspective, you will unlock the level from the villains' perspective. A similar grappling system to the one used in Lego Star Wars II will be used. The style of the game will focus more on the comics and Batman: The Animated Series rather than the new movies.
Batman, Robin, the Joker, Catwoman, and the Penguin will be some of the playable characters. Two levels involving Batman and Robin chasing Catwoman with a diamond, and a level where Joker and Harley Quinn are in a theme park level, ending with a boss battle against Commissioner James Gordon, have already been tested. Also, in the trailer, there is footage of a player swapping characters, and a version of Robin with scuba gear and another with magna-shoes on are shown as playable characters, and if you look closely during the swapping, you'll also see Batman in his old blue and yellow costume (unlike his usual grey). The hub that houses all levels, similar to those in LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga and LEGO Indiana Jones, will be the Batcave for the heroes and Arkham Asylum for the villains. New moves featured in Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures will be added, such as swimming underwater, seen in a gameplay trailer. Promotionally, five short gameplay trailers have been released, one featuring Catwoman and the Riddler. Another one features Two-Face and the Scarecrow. The third features the Joker and Harley Quinn. Another has Nightwing alongside Batman. On that same day, Clayface became the first revealed character to make it into the game who wasn't part of the Lego Batman franchise already. A fifth trailer aired in early July which featured Bruce Wayne and Poison Ivy. Characters rumored to be in the game due to their heavy presence in the Batman franchise include Alfred Pennyworth, Batgirl, and Lucius Fox for the heroes and Ra's al Ghul, Black Mask, and Ventriloquist for the villains. Developer Jonathan Smith stated that the company will be developing more Lego games in the foreseeable future.
Collectibles in this game which are known so far are studs and what appears to be a black and grey version of the mini-kit canisters from LEGO Star Wars (as seen in the Nightwing trailer) called Shadow LEGO, plus the regular white canisters can be seen in some screenshots.
Many interviews with producer Loz Doyle have been able to find out that both the main characters will have suits which can be changed at a point marked with either a Batman or Robin pad. Also the characters are said to have many different weapons and abilities such as the Joker being able to attack enemies and activate machines with a hand buzzer, the Penguin being able to glide over gaps with his umbrella and the Riddler being able to decapitate enemies with his Riddle Staff. Loz also mentioned girl characters like Catwoman, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy being able to sneak past enemies with their charm, however this was in the early stages of development and may be removed in the final product.
Playable characters[edit | edit source]
Heroes[edit | edit source]
- Bruce Wayne
- Commissioner James Gordon
- Alfred Penyworth
Villains[edit | edit source]
- The Joker/Tropical Joker
- Catwoman/Catwoman Classic
- The Penguin
- The Riddler
- Mr. Freeze
- Harley Quinn
- The Scarecrow
- Poison Ivy
- Killer Croc
- The Mad Hatter
- Killer Moth
- Ra's Al Ghul
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Batarang black and yellow (Used by Batman and Batgirl)
- Batarang red and green (Used by Robin and Nightwing)
- The Riddler's Staff (Used by The Riddler)
- Joy Buzzer (Used by The Joker)
- Pistol (Used by Police and certain Villains)
- Umbrella (Used by The Penguin)
- Penguin Bombs (Used by The Penguin)
- Whip (Used by Catwoman)
- Freeze Gun (Used by Mr. Freeze)
- Dual Pistols (Used by The Joker, Two-Face, and Hush)
- Eskrima sticks (Used by Nightwing and Ra's al Ghul)
- Kisses (Used by Poison Ivy and Catwoman)
- Suitcase (Used by Bruce Wayne)
- Fear gas (Used by Scarecrow)
Costumes[edit | edit source]
- Batman or Batgirl
- Demolition Suit - This suit is designed to drop "Bat Bombs" and can be upgraded to drop 8 at once.
- Sonic Suit - Use this suit to shatter glass (to reach new areas) and deafen and stun enemies.
- Heat Protection Suit - This helps Batman handle red-hot lego that can help during gameplay.
- Glide Suit - Includes the ability to glide in mid-air and throw smoke pellets at enemies to confuse them.
- Robin or Nightwing
- Magnetic Suit - Including magnetic boots to help Nightwing or Robin scale a wall or ceiling.
- Water Suit - This helps Batman, Nightwing, and Robin out in the water levels.It allows robin to walk(and attack)underwater.Killer Croc also has this ability.
- Tech Suit - With this Nightwing or Robin can hack into control panels and operate the objects they control.
- Attracto Suit - Gives Nightwing or Robin a vacuum to suck up Lego pieces and deposit in a machine.
Powers[edit | edit source]
- Batman - Acquires different costumes from special pads.
- Robin - Acquires different costumes from special pads.
- Nightwing - Acquires different costumes from special pads.
- The Joker - Electrocutes enemies and activates certain objects with his joy buzzer.
- Catwoman - Pulls objects with her whip, charm power
- The Penguin - Defeats enemies with his Penguin-Bombs. Floats temporarily with his umbrella.
- The Riddler - Decapitates enemies with his staff. Confuses enemies with his riddles.
- Mr. Freeze - Freezes enemies and liquids with his Freeze Gun.
- Harley Quinn - Charm power, has a big hammer
- The Scarecrow- Strikes fear into enemies.
- Poison Ivy - Kisses enemies killing them, is not harmed by gases that would kill other characters, charm power, super jump
- Bane - Has extra strength, is not harmed by gases that would kill other characters.
- Killer Croc - Has extra strength, can pass through toxins, can walk on the bottom of water.
- Clayface - Has extra strength and performs super jumps.
- Man-Bat - Flight, super strength
- Killer Moth - Flight, Gun.