As of 12/21, the former Encyclopedia Gamia has been redirected to this wiki, which is now the definitive wiki for this topic. To see more about this change, read more here.
Link, as he appears in Hyrule Warriors
|The Legend of Zelda|
|[[Hikaru Midorikawa (Drama CD)|
Nobuyuki Hiyama (Ocarina of Time adult and Majora's Mask)
Fujiko Takimoto (Ocarina of Time child and Majora's Mask)
Sachi Matsumoto (Wind Waker)
Noboru Sasanuma (Twilight Princess)
Takashi Oohara (Skyward Sword)
Yuuki Kaji (Hyrule Warriors)]]
|Usually unknown; his sister, father, uncle, or grandmother appear in some games|
|Hero of Time|
|long green cap, the blonde hair, elvish ears|
|colspan="2"||Link's hair is not always blonde. Sometimes it's dark brown, brown, or a dirty blonde|
Link is the main protagonist of the The Legend of Zelda series. Although his name is officially Link, the player is given the option to rename him in every Zelda game. In most games, he is depicted either as a brave young boy around the age of 7, or a strong hero around the age of 18. His fate is tied with Princess Zelda, who appears in most (though not all) of his adventures, and the sacred Triforce. His main enemy is usually the evil Ganon. His main adventures take place in Hyrule, or similar kingdoms like Termina.
Link is a character that is "reincarnated" throughout Hyrule's history—there is no single Link. Each game stars a new link, unless it is a direct sequel, such as the Link in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Despite his appearance changing over the course of the games, there are a few key features that remain constant through almost every redesign: the trademark long green cap, the blonde hair, elvish ears and the famous Master Sword. In addition, Link is always left-handed (except when facing to the west in sprite based games, or in the Wii version of Twilight Princess). He is never given any dialogue or voice other than the standard yelps and grunts when attacking. Link is usually in possession of the Triforce of Courage. Unlike most heroes, Link doesn't have any special super powers, instead, he goes with an array of useful gadgets that he acquires throughout the game. His trademark items are the Hookshot, Bow, Bombs and Boomerang.
Link is the only character who has won GameFAQs' character battle tournament poll more than once. He also came out on top in their Tournament of Champions, beating out the popularity Final Fantasy VII's Sephiroth.
Associated Characters[edit | edit source]
- Princess Zelda, whom the series is named after, appears in most games that feature Link. She holds the Triforce of Wisdom, and is often deeply involved in whatever world endangering plot is going on. She is the Princess of Hyrule, the setting of most Zelda games.
- Ganon is a pig-like monster, known as Ganondorf in his human form. He's Link's main nemesis. He has been featured as the main villain in most games feature Link. He is a rare male Gerudo who holds the Triforce of Power.
- Vaati is the main villain in the Capcom and Flagship developed Zelda games such as The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures and The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap.
- The Skull Kid possessed by Majora is the main enemy in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, though neither of them have been seen since.
- Link's faithful companion, Epona appears in a majority of the games. She is a beautiful horse that Link has the ability to ride.
- Aryll is Link's sister in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Console Releases[edit | edit source]
- The Legend of Zelda
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
- Link: The Faces of Evil
- Zelda's Adventure
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Super Smash Bros.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Soulcalibur II (GameCube version only)
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Link's Crossbow Training
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- Hyrule Warriors
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Handheld Releases[edit | edit source]
Incarnations[edit | edit source]
Link has been reincarnated many times in the Zelda timeline. These reincarnations are given titles to distinguish them from each other.
- Hero of Hyrule
- Hero of Legend
- Hero of Time
- Hero of Wind
- Hero of the Four Sword
- Four Who Are One
- Hero of the Minish
- Hero of the Wild
- Hero Chosen by the Gods
- The Royal Engineer
- Hero of the Essences of Time and Nature
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Link's artwork from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Link's artwork from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
Link is ready for battle in Hyrule Warriors.
Link, wielding some sort of magical rod in Hyrule Warriors.
Link with the Ball and Chain from Hyrule Warriors.
Link as he appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl