List of game engines
Many tools called game engines are available for game designers to code a game quickly and easily without building from the ground up.
List[edit | edit source]
- Namco Galaxian engine — Created by Namco, this 2D sprite/tile engine was used for many golden age arcade games running on the Namco Galaxian arcade system board.
- Polygonizer — An early polygonal 3D engine developed by Namco for arcade games running on the System 21 arcade system board.
- Sega Model 2 engine — Developed by Sega AM2 and used by various arcade games running on the Sega Model 2 arcade system board.
- Super Scaler — Created by Sega AM2, this pseudo-3D engine was used for many Sega arcade games running on system boards ranging from Sega Space Harrier to System 32.
- Infernal Engine — Created by Terminal Reality, provides rendering, physics, sound, AI, and metrics for game development. Used in several games such as Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars, Bass Pro Shops: The Strike and Roogoo: Twisted Towers.