Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon/Localization
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Here are some of the variations in localizations of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
Title[edit | edit source]
In North America, the game is referred to as Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Its South Korean title, "루이지 맨션 다크 문" (romanized as "Ruiji Maensyeon Dakeu Mun"), is equivalent to this title. In all other countries, the game is referred to as Luigi's Mansion 2.
American/British[edit | edit source]
The North American and European English versions of the game's text vary significantly: over half of the strings within the game differ in some way. Here are some of the more notable differences.
Names[edit | edit source]
- The device that Professor E. Gadd uses to teleport Luigi to and from the mansions is referred to as the Pixelator in North America, and the Pixelshifter in Europe.
- Two of the Boos are given different names and alternate dialogue.
- The Boo found in Mission C-2 is named "Bootine" (a pun on poutine) in the NA version and "Booillon" (a pun on bouillon) in the UK version.
- The Boo found in Mission D-2 is named "Booger" in the NA version and "Boouncer" (a play on bouncer) in the UK version.
Text[edit | edit source]
- The North American English texts feature more capitalization than their European English equivalents.