Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|
|Medal of Honor: Allied Assault|
|Electronic Arts, Aspyr Media|
|Medal of Honor|
|Microsoft Windows, macOS and GNU/Linux|
|id Tech 3|
|International Release Date(s)|
|European Release Date(s)|
February 15, 2002
|North American Release Date(s)|
January 22, 2002
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Summary[edit | edit source]
The game Medal of Honor: Allied Assault follows Lt. Mike Powell who is an agent for the Office of Strategic Services. Lt. Powell is sent through six missions in the North African and European theatre and is expected to complete multiple objectives on every mission. Col. Hargrove, Powell's mission commander, sends dossiers and important information on how to complete your mission every so often. Along the way Powell will frequently be helped by Allied forces, however most of the time he is on his own against the Germans.
On the first mission he takes place in the Algerian coastal town of Arzew, where Powell is the lone survivor of his ranger squad after an ambush. He helps secure the beaches for Operation Torch as well as rescue SAS commando Major Jack Grillo. Then Powell goes to Norway to scuttle the U529, and destroy the NAXOS prototype, a device that would shift the balance of power in the Atlantic back to the Nazis. It should also be noted that Major Grillo meets his untimely end here, after letting Powell into the complex (shot dead by a sniper).
Soon Powell must survive Omaha Beach, and then go with Captain Ramsey to find US Paratroopers and assist in taking out a battery of Nebelwerfers.
On the fourth mission, Powell goes behind enemy lines to gather intelligence on German infantry movements and gain information on the German's rumored "King Tiger Tank." In Mission five, Powell has to protect a team of Allied tank operators and steal a King Tiger, in order to seize a bridge to quicken the siege of the town of Brest, France. In the final mission, Powell must go to Fort Schmerzen and destroy it. Schmerzen (pain in German) is a mustard gas facility that Lt. James Patterson ironically gassed in Medal of Honor.
Multiplayer[edit | edit source]
Medal of Honor also features a multiplayer mode where it is possible to play up to 64 players at the same time. Several game modes are available like:
- Free for All - A classic Deathmatch where every player fights for his own.
- Team Deathmatch - Where Allies team faces off against Axis teams.
- Round Based - Same as Team Deathmatch, but players do not respawn after being killed. The team which has the last man standing wins the round.
- Objective - Allies or Axis have to plant one or more bombs at a given location and the other team have to defend this location.
- Freeze Tag - A popular mod similar to Objective except you are frozen when you die and must be 'melted' by team mates to continue.
- Demolition - Each side has an object they must prevent from be bombed by the opposite side, similarly to Objective, except this is played on Death Match maps.
Spearhead and Breakthrough add some more gamemodes:
- Tug of War - Players have multiple objectives which can be retaken by the opposing team. Players also respawn in this mode.
- Liberation - Same as Team Deathmatch, but players that get killed will respawn in the enemy prison. The only way you can be released, is if a team mate pulls the lever to lift the jail door bars.
- Capture The Flag - Teams have to steal the flag from the opposite side and return it to their base.
- Basebuilder - Players spend a few minutes placing objects like boxes on a certain map and then play that map.
Screen Shots[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
A number of Second World War era weapons appear in Allied Assault, them being:
- Walther P38
- Mauser Karabiner 98k
- Mauser Karabiner 98k ZF
- Maschinenpistole 40
- Sturmgewehr 44
- Maschinengewehr 42
- Raketenpanzerbüchse 54 "Panzerschreck"
- Mod.24 Stielhandgranate Offensive Grenade
United States of America
- Colt M1911A1
- OSS Hi-Standard Silence Pistol
- M1 Garand
- M1903A4 Springfield
- M1A1 Thompson
- M1918A2 BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle)
- Rocket Launcher M1 "Bazooka"
- Mk.II Fragmentation Hand Grenade
- Winchester M1897 Trench Gun (Available to both teams on multiplayer)