Metal Gear Solid
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|
|Metal Gear Solid|
|Metal Gear Solid|
|Metal Gear Solid 2|
|PlayStation Digital Controller|
|PlayStation and Microsoft Windows|
|Hideo Kojima, Motoyuki Yoshioka|
|European Release Date(s)|
February 26, 1999
October 20, 2000
|North American Release Date(s)|
September 30, 1998
September 24, 2000
|Japanese Release Date(s)|
September 3, 1998
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
|“||Unfortunately, killing is one of those things that gets easier every time you do it.||„|
|~ Solid Snake|
A remake of this game was released for the GameCube in 2004, called Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. It combined the story of this game with the abilities and engine of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.
Story[edit | edit source]
Terrorists have taken over a site in Alaska and have claimed Metal Gear Rex for themselves. They prepare to launch nuclear strikes with this weapon. It's up to Solid Snake to stop them.. You take the role of Solid Snake as you infiltrate Shadow Moses Island. You have two mission objectives in the game:
- 1) Rescue the D.A.R.P.A. Chief, Donald Anderson and the president of A.R.M.S. Tech, Kenneth Baker.
- 2) Find out whether the terrorists have the ability to launch a nuclear strike, and stop them if they do.
There are six members of a group called FOX-HOUND that are currently working with the terrorists:
- Decoy Octopus - Master of disguise.
- Vulcan Raven - Giant and Shaman.
- Sniper Wolf - The beautiful and deadly sharp-shooter.
- Psycho Mantis - With his powerful psychic abilities.
- Revolver Ocelot - A fast shooter with a talent in hand guns.
- Liquid Snake - The terrorists squad leader, sharing Solid Snake's squad name.