Miner Willy is fictional character on a series of platform games for the ZX Spectrum, MSX, Amstrad CPC and the Commodore 64 home computers starring Miner Willy. The first two games - Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy - were written by computer game programmer Matthew Smith, during the early 1980s.
A third game in the series was planned, Miner Willy Meets The Taxman.
The series started in 1983 with the release of Manic Miner, and was followed up a year later with Jet Set Willy (one of the best selling video games of all time) and Jet Set Willy II. Another game in the series, The Perils of Willy, was released solely for the Commodore VIC-20. In addition quite a few unofficial sequels, remakes, homages and updates have been released.
Games in the series[edit | edit source]
- Manic Miner, (1983), Bug-Byte / Software Projects
- Jet Set Willy, (1984), Software Projects
- The Perils of Willy, (1984), Software Projects
- Jet Set Willy II, (1985), Software Projects
- Jet Set Racing, (2005), Numfun