|This video game developer or publisher-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|
|Markus Persson, Jakob Porsér, Carl Manneh|
|Minecraft, Cobalt, Scrolls, 0x10c|
Mojang Studios (from Swedish "mojäng", literally "gadget") is a Swedish video game developer based in Stockholm, Sweden. It was founded by Markus Persson as Mojang Specifications in 2009, and transformed into Mojang AB in 2010 with Jakob Porsér. The company is best known for creating the three-dimensional sandbox game Minecraft, which was released in 2011.
On September 15, 2014, Mojang publicly announced that they would be bought by Microsoft, and on November 6, 2014 became a subsidiary of Xbox Game Studios (then known as Microsoft Studios).
On May 17, 2020, Mojang AB announced that they were changing their name to "Mojang Studios", unveiling a new logo and a logo animation.
Games[edit | edit source]
The following is a list of games that were developed by Mojang Studios:
- Minecraft – a 3D sandbox game
- Java Edition – for Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Pocket Edition – for Android and iOS; merged with Bedrock Edition.
- Bedrock Edition – for Android, iOS, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Windows 10
- Minecraft Dungeons – a dungeon crawler RPG for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Windows, and Nintendo Switch
- Minecraft Earth – an augmented reality game for Android and iOS
- Minecraft: Story Mode – a story-based version of Minecraft; released in two seasons
- Caller's Bane (previously known as Scrolls) – a strategy game
- Cobalt – an action game developed by Oxeye Game Studios and Mojang