Monster Hunter Frontier
|Monster Hunter Frontier|
Xbox 360 cover art
|DVD-ROM, Downloadable Client|
|Controller, Keyboard, Headset|
|Microsoft Windows and Xbox 360|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
Monster Hunter Frontier is a MMORPG for Microsoft Windows and is the first spin-off in the series to appear on the platform. It differs from the other chapters of the series by being a full-fledged MMORPG which can only be played online. Monster Hunter Frontier has also been released on the Xbox 360 in Japan on June 24, 2010, where it sold 93,000 copies during the launch week.
Development[edit | edit source]
Capcom announced that there will be three available system requirements to meet the computer specifications for a wide audience. The first is known as "Heavy mode" which is the best graphics, audio etc. settings, "Medium" which has average settings, and "Low" which has the minimum settings. So far, Capcom has not yet announced Monster Hunter Frontier for America and Europe.
- New guild features.
- Hunter Rank increased. (999)
- The game has a new dedicated community.
- Regular updates / patches.(new armor, weapons, items)
- All Monsters are improved.
- New town big enough to hold massive numbers of players.
- Players are now able to customize their own home, by purchasing and making ornaments and furniture to display.
- New weapons/armors improvement paths.
- New monsters, including the Espinas, a giant thorned wyvern, Akura Vashimu and Akura Jebia, crystal scorpions like monsters which appear in the desert and the swamp, Berukyurosu, a thunder phoenix like monster which appears in a new sandy mountains like map, Pariapuria, an aquatic pseudowyvern that can throw up meat to use as a projectile, Dyuragaua, an ice fox like pseudowyvern who lives in a new zone of the Tower map called "Nest Hole" and two canine-like monsters called Kamu Orugaron and Nono Orugaron. A new snake like monster called Raviente has been added in Monster Hunter Frontier 7.0 and is the largest monster to date. It is fought with 4 Hunters and 4 NPC Hunters. It spits Fire and is larger than Monster Hunter Tri's Jhen Mohran.
Due to this being an online game, Capcom has enlisted the use of nProtect GameGuard to stop hack tools and cheating.
Capcom announced in February 2010 that the game would have been ported to Xbox 360. Monster Hunter Frontier has become available for the Xbox 360 in Japan on June 24, 2010. There are currently no plans for a western release.
References[edit | edit source]
- http://www.gamekyo.com/news36716_charts-jap-software.html Japan Sales Charts provided by Media Create
[edit | edit source]
- Monster Hunter Frontier - Official Site
|This Adventure video game-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|