Mortal Kombat 3
|Mortal Kombat 3|
|8-way joystick, 5 Buttons|
|Arcade, SNES, Game Boy, Saturn, Microsoft Windows, Genesis, Game Gear, Xbox 360 and PlayStation|
|Xbox Live Arcade|
|North American Release Date(s)|
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
Mortal Kombat 3 is a 1995 Fighting video game by Midway, for Arcade consoles, but later ported to various home consoles. Mortal Kombat 3 is the third title in the Mortal Kombat series, and the sequel to Mortal Kombat II. It was followed by an updated remake known as Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 just a few months later.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Liu Kang wins Mortal Kombat II. Shao Kahn strikes again and gives youth to Shang Tsung. There is a new underboss, called Motaro. He is a very strong minotaur who can teleport.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
Liu Kang[edit | edit source]
Sub-Zero[edit | edit source]
Stryker[edit | edit source]
Arenas[edit | edit source]
- The Subway
- The Street
- The Bank
- The Rooftop
- The Balcony
- The Bridge
- Soul Chamber
- Bell Tower
- Kombat Temple
- The Graveyard
- The Pit III
- Noob Saibot's Dorfen (Vs. Noob Saibot only)
- The Hidden Portal (Vs. CPU-controlled Smoke only, and seen only if the Ultimate Kombat Kode is not yet entered)
Development[edit | edit source]
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3[edit | edit source]
Ports[edit | edit source]
Reception & Legacy[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Run: the players can run with a button. They can do it for a small period of time.
- Kombos: similar to other fighting games, the fighter can now perform combo sequences. The combos are not linked like in Killer Instinct, they are a predefined sequence of punches and kicks. The player can insert special moves into the sequence. For example, Sub-zero kombo is: HP, HP, LP, LK, LK, <- HK.
- Animality: the winner can turn the opponent into an animal
- Friendship: a gift of friendship
- Babality: the winner can turn the opponent into a baby, with the same clothes and even moustache.
- Brutality: a special finishing move, performing a 11-move kombo.
- Pit: the classical pits fatalities, it features a level from MK I.
- Kodes: these are kodes that can be inserted before a fight. They allow special modes like Switcheroo, handicaps, hidden characters, no blocks, no running, etc.
- New characters: a lot of new characters. Some characters are missing, but they will appear in the sequel: Mortal Kombat Ultimate.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|This article is a stub. You can help Codex Gamicus by .|