|Wii Optical Disc|
|Wii Remote, Wii Nunchuk|
|North American Release Date(s)|
September 7, 2010
|Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes |
Codex | Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help
Localization | Manifest | Modding | Patches | Ratings
Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack
Videos | Walkthrough
GOG | In-Game | Origin | PlayStation Trophies | Retro
Steam | Xbox Live
NHL Slapshot is EA Sports' first ice hockey video game on the Nintendo Wii. The game was released on September 7, 2010. It is the first game in the NHL series since NHL 2005 to receive an E rating, mainly because the game does not include fighting.
Game cover[edit | edit source]
Wayne Gretzky is the game's cover athlete, and will also serve as the in-game coach for beginners. This will mark the first time that the EA Sports NHL series will feature a retired ice hockey player on the cover as well as Wayne Gretzky's first appearance on a cover of a video game since Gretzky NHL 06.
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
|1.||"Full of Regret"||Danko Jones|
|2.||"Twilight Zone"||2 Unlimited|
|3.||"Strike It Up"||Black Box|
|4.||"Mama Taught Me Better"||Black Rebel Motorcycle Club|
|7.||"Shipping Up To Boston (Live)"||Dropkick Murphys|
|8.||"The Final Countdown"||Europe|
|11.||"Howlin’ For You"||The Black Keys|
Features[edit | edit source]
- Peewee to Pros: Players will be able to create their own 12-year old hockey players or choose from a range of actual NHL players such as Wayne Gretzky, Roberto Luongo, and Sidney Crosby. The player then progresses from the CHL, AHL, and the NHL.
- Battle for the Cup: Just like the NHL series on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, players will be able to Battle for the Cup, in a 1, 3, 5, or 7 game series.
- Season: Also like the regular NHL series, Season mode is available as well. You choose from the 30 NHL teams, and try to win the Stanley Cup.
- Mini-Games: Free 4 All: In Free 4 All, you can take on three friends and try and score the most goals. 2v2 Mini Rink: This is just an NHL game with 2 players on the ice for each team instead of 5. Shooter vs. Goalie: This is a 1 on 1 battle with you and a friend. The shooter shoots from about the blue line, while the goalie tries to block his shots. Classic Shootout: Also like NHL 11, this mode is a regular NHL shootout.
Hockey stick peripheral[edit | edit source]
A miniature hockey stick peripheral will be released with the game, allowing (but not requiring) the player to insert the Wii Remote and its Nunchuk attachment and simulate playing with a real hockey stick.
Reception[edit | edit source]
|This section requires expansion.|
See also[edit | edit source]
- NHL 11, another ice hockey video game by EA Sports, to be released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- NHL 2K11, another ice hockey video game, by 2K Sports for the Wii console
References[edit | edit source]
- Template:Vcite news
- NHL soundtracks deliver the pure authentic hockey experience
- EA Sports. "The great one Wayne Gretzky named cover athlete of all-new EA SPORTS NHL Slapshot" [press release]. 01 June 2010 [cited 03 June 2010].